Voucher system on Conflict Islands

beckvanr

Just wondering if anyone can tell me more about the voucher system in the conflict islands. Do you have to pay in Kina or AUS dollars. Can you use Credit Card or do you have to have cash.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me more about the voucher system in the conflict islands. Do you have to pay in Kina or AUS dollars. Can you use Credit Card or do you have to have cash.

We where at the conflict islands in Nov 2017.

When we where there you where able to use Kina or AUS dollars, a good way to use up the left over Kina if the conflict islands is your last port of call.

We used Aussie. There were 2 outlets one as you got off the ship and another over the other side where the bar and restaurant were. You paid in multiples of $5.

When we were there a pie and a beer were $10. Yam Chips, Sausage Sandwiches and Beers $5. Entry to the Turtle Sanctuary $5. I didn’t think the prices were too bad.

We were talking to a one of the staff and they told us they had all come from Alotau by boat to man all the stalls.

We were there in a February last year and it is one of the most stunning places I have seen.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums