Fiji and the Lautoka Islands, what are pros and cons

Those islands are in the Mamanuca group of Islands. Lautoka is a town on the main island of Viti Levu. You didn’t mention Castaway Island, which is also in the Mamanuca islands. We’ve been there many times. Its great.

We are visiting Fiji and the Lautoka Islands in January. Does anybody have any input of the pros and cons in regards to which of the islands to visit?

Savala, Tivua, South Sea, Bounty, Treasure and Beachcomber Islands.

As Lacey20 mentioned, Lautoka is a town on the main island of Fiji. It is an industrial port and where cruise ships dock. It is not an attractive town but the city of Nadi is not far away and just out of Nadi is Port Denarau where you depart for all the islands which you mention. They are not far off the coast and are resort islands. I assume you are will be on a cruise and looking at an island excursion?

I haven't been to any of the islands you mention but I would suggest you look at Tripadvisor or a similar site for others' opinions. Also be aware that January is the wet season and right in the cyclone season. It will be hot and very humid.

Leigh

• 1 month later...
We are visiting Fiji and the Lautoka Islands in January. Does anybody have any input of the pros and cons in regards to which of the islands to visit?

Savala, Tivua, South Sea, Bounty, Treasure and Beachcomber Islands.

We have been to both Savala and South Sea on B2B cruises in JAN 2017 ... see my youtubes to compare the tours...

FIJI - Oolala SAVALA ISLAND DAY CRUISE 2017 with K & J South Pacific cruise on NOORDAM

FIJI - SOUTH SEAS ISLAND from LAUTOKA with K & J in HD 2017 S PACIFIC on VOYAGER OF SEAS ......

South Pacific playlist ... playlist

We enjoyed both islands... Savala waters were very shallow. We had brought along water hammocks that really worked well. Those that wanted to swim were not very happy as the tides were out and never seemed to come in while we were there. There was not enough seating especially in the shade there. There were more fish at Savala to see.

South Seas Island - had a small pool . Went out in their sub and looked like the corals were dying and not many fish to see. Lots of seating to choose from. Drinks were included when we went there. Meals were pretty much the same.

Enjoy your cruise!