Oceania's Free Shuttles List

hoffdahl

We used the bus from the drop off spot as well. It's not hard to do (although may need coins; don't remember), and reasonably fast.

Others: Anyone know of shuttle availability in Alaska ports like Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka? Or Prince Rupert in Canada?

There is no shuttle necessary in those Alaska ports, never been to Prince Rupert.

We used the bus from the drop off spot as well. It's not hard to do (although may need coins; don't remember), and reasonably fast.

Others: Anyone know of shuttle availability in Alaska ports like Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka? Or Prince Rupert in Canada?

See post #359.

Only a shuttle needed & provided in Sitka.

John

how awful

Curious why princess would send buses for you??

Did Oceania not have any available to hire

I was just answering her question. We were on a Princess cruise.

The trouble was some of the people on the train were with a RCCL ship and everyone but the four of us hopped the first train that came along which then called for transferring to a second train to get back to Livorno after 8:00pm. When they got off that train and saw us waiting for them with the two buses, they dropped to the ground in thanks. They had thought that the ship had sailed without them.

Second half of story. Two days later ship docked in Monte Carlo and people went into Nice. There was a land slide and they couldn't get back to ship, so ship left late again. On way across Atlantic, a hurricane developed south, so captain steered north. New hurricane developed north of us and now we are caught in-between. We arrived New York a day late. Not sure, but imagine captain retired after that cruise!

Anybody on the Oceania Singapore to San Francisco 58 day cruise May 9, 2020? We are wait-listed - every category cabin sold out!

The Oceania Singapore to San Francisco 58 day cruise May 9, 2020 is part of the world cruise. Not sure, but O may be holding some cabins hoping to sell more full voyage. It's a long time to go - keep checking.

This list is WONDERFUL! Thank you so much. The only relevant town missing for me is Taomina (Messina) Sicily. anyone know about shuttle here since town is high on cliff.

Not sure if there is a shuttle for Messina port, but even if there is one, it won't be taking you to Taormina.

I know Oceania doesn't go to Alaska every other week in the summer like some of the other lines do. However, I'll be going soon to Prince Rupert, Canada, and wondered if there's a shuttle offered there. The cruise dock area appears to be quite convenient to a number of sights for tourists, but I've also read that there's a shuttle. I'm curious where it goes.

As for Taormina, we stopped near there on O, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember if there was a shuttle or not. I do remember going up the mountain, but it may have been on a public bus rather than a shuttle. I think we docked in Giardina or something other than that, down at the shore.

Not sure if there is a shuttle for Messina port, but even if there is one, it won't be taking you to Taormina.

We’re on O this past April. There was not a shuttle to Taormins. We took the O Excursion there. Sorry but I don’t recall if O offered a shuttle into Messina.

I am just waking up this thread since it is such a good one.

We had free shuttles in Bangkok to town center and when we were docked near Halong Bay (if I recall correctly) on Nautica.

Does anyone know if there are free shuttles in Bermuda from the Dockyards (where Marina docks) to Hamilton?

Greetings from South Beach, pacheco. No, there is no shuttle. The ship docks right in Dockyards. There is a small free train that will take you around Dockyards that starts very close to the ship. We docked there on Marina, Riviera, and Explorer. You can take either a taxi or ferry to Hamilton. Cute town.

Mary

Greetings from South Beach, pacheco. No, there is no shuttle. The ship docks right in Dockyards. There is a small free train that will take you around Dockyards that starts very close to the ship. We docked there on Marina, Riviera, and Explorer. You can take either a taxi or ferry to Hamilton. Cute town.

Mary

slow day ???

This post was from 2012

I do not believe Larraine has been a member since 2014

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have shuttle information for Limassol, Cyprus?

Thank you.

The shuttle bus drops-off and picks-up in the center of town. Shops, restaurants and the old fortress, now an interesting museum are within 2 blocks.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a shuttle in cartegna, columbia from the cruise terminal to the center of town - want the hop-on=off bus

no free shuttle to town

the port will shuttle you from the ship to the main port gates

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to start a record of Oceania passengers' experiences with Free shuttles. I think this will help future cruisers plan for their activities at the various stops. I know it is a frequent question on this forum!

I was on Marina, April 2011, Pearls of the Riviera:

Valencia - Free shuttle took us near the train station. This was a great starting off point for a walking tour of the historic areas.

Palma de Mallorca - Free shuttle to an area below the cathedral which was used by several bus tour groups. We crossed busy street and had a short walk to stairs up to the cathedral area. Several stairs to climb to the church itself.

Marseille - Free shuttle to a convenient area to start some exploring. We were just steps away from the little HOHO tourist "trains" that have 2 routes through the city.

Sorrento - A short free shuttle ride helped us avoid a climb up the hill to the town's main square. From there it was a short walk to the train station where we got a ride into Pompeii.

Monte Carlo, Portofino, Amalfi - none needed

Livorno - We took a private tour so I don't know what was available.

Next year we plan to go on "Continental Connoisseur" and I would like to know what is available in Le Havre, Saint-Malo, Concarneau, La Rochelle, Verdon, Bilbao, La Coruna, Oporto, Lisbon, Cadiz, and Casablanca. I hope others of you will contribute to this thread, and thanks in advance for those of you who do.[/quote

In Casablanca you dock in the industrial port with a shuttle 10km. to the centre of the city, main square there was lots of road construction so they will change locations as needed.

Valencia - Free shuttle took us near the train station. .

rather than reinvent the wheel just go to post #371

click QUOTE the4n add in the ports you visited

maybe add the year so in case things changed or have changed it will be updated

Just bumping this up so people can add to the list

Oceania Shuttles List

==================================================================

Does Oceania Cruises provide free shuttle service? Free shuttle buses are offered when:

• The ship is docked a long walk from the main thoroughfare
  • Taxis and or public transportation are not easily accessible from the port. .
  • The port is industrial and not pedestrian-friendly.
  • The decision on whether free buses will be offered will be based on the port used and will be made closer to or during the sailing

Once on board, a list of ports that will offer a complimentary shuttle into town will be provided.

Airlie Beach (Aust.) .....Tender, then $5AUD pp each way shuttle

Akaroa NZ ............... Tender

Alesund ................. Dock at town so no shuttle

Alexandria .............. Shuttle to city square

Amalfi .................. No need for shuttle

Antigua...................dock in town ..no shuttle

Antofagasta ............. Free shuttle to town

Antwerp ................. Dock in town - no shuttle needed ... Aug 2017

Aqaba ................... Shuttle

Bangkok ................. Free shuttle to town

Bar Harbour ............. Dock at town so no shuttle

Barcelona ............... Free shuttle to town (worldTrade Centre)

Basseterre, St. Kitts ... Dock at town so no shuttle

Belfast ................. Free shuttle to town (near City Hall)

Bermuda (Hamilton)....... dock in town ..no shuttle

Bilbao ...................Free shuttle to town

Bordeaux (city) ......... Dock at town so no shuttle

Bordeaux (Le Verdon) .... shore excursion required

Brisbane (Aus) .......... Free shuttle to town

Broome (Australia)....... Free shuttle to town

Bruges (Zeebruge) ....... free shuttle to port gates ... August 2017

Buenes Aires ............ Free shuttle to town

Cadiz ................... Dock at town so no shuttle

Cairns Aus .............. Dock at town so no shuttle

Callao (Lima) ........... Free shuttle to town

Casablanca .............. Free shuttle to town

Castries, St Lucia ...... Dock at town so no shuttle

Civitavecchia(for Rome).. Free shuttle to Civitavecchia

Cobh..................... Dock at town so no shuttle

Concarneau .............. Dock at town so no shuttle

Copenhagen .............. Free shuttle to town – however reports of it being difficult see post 301

Coquimbo ................ Free shuttle to town

Corfu ................... Free shuttle to town

Corner Brook ............ Dock at town so no shuttle

Darwin Aus .............. Free shuttle to town

Dubai ................... shuttle from the port to the Dubai Mall

Dublin .................. Free shuttle to town (kildare St/Merrion Square) ... Aug 2017

Dubrovnick .............. Free shuttle to town

Dunedin NZ .............. Free shuttle to town

Edinburgh (Leith) ....... Closest port to town but still a distance to city centre (no shuttle)

Eden Aus ................ Tender then shuttle but only short walk

Exmouth (Aus) ........... Free shuttle to town

Geirange ................ Dock at town so no shuttle

Gisbourne NZ ............ Free shuttle to town but short walk

Gothenburg .............. Shuttle to City Hall

Greenock ................ Dock at town so no shuttle (15-20 minute walk to train station to Glasgow)

Haifa ................... no shuttle on Sat but there was one on Sunday

Halifax ................. Dock at town so no shuttle

Hamburg ................. Shuttle provided by Port to City Hall ....Aug 2017

Havana, Cuba ............ Dock in city. walk off on main street.... April 2017.

Helsinki ................ Free shuttle to town/ Shuttle provided by port from Westport to the cruise terminal closer to Market Square

Hobart (aus) ............ Dock at town so no shuttle ... Sep 2017

Holyhead ................ Free shuttle to town (really to end of dock) ... Aug 2017

Invergordon ............. Dock at town so no shuttle .... August 2017

Koper ................... Dock at town so no shuttle

Kotor ................... Dock at town so no shuttle

Kristiansand ............ Walking distance to town ... August 2017

La Coruna ............... Dock at town so no shuttle

La Rochelle ............. Free shuttle to town

Le Havre (for Paris) .... Free shuttle to town (Le Havre) .... August 2017

Le Verdon ............... Free shuttle to town (Soulacsur Mer)

Lerwick ................. Dock at town so no shuttle

Lisbon .................. Free shuttle to town (or dock in town)

Liverpool ............... Dock at town so no shuttle ... August 2017

Livorno ................. Free shuttle to town

Marseille ............... Free shuttle to town (fort Saint John)

Monte Carlo ............. Dock at town so no shuttle

Murmansk ................ Need to book a tour either O or private for visa

Muscat .................. shuttle to the Souk

Nassau, Bahamas ..........dock in town

Newcastle ............... Free shuttle to nearest metro station (limited timing)

Oporto .................. Free shuttle to town

Oslo .................... Dock in town so no shuttle .... Aug 2017

Palma de Mallorca........ Free shuttle to town (cathedral)

Paris - see Le Havre

Picton NZ ............... Dock at town so no shuttle

Pisco ................... Free shuttle to town

Portofini ............... No need for shuttle

Portland ................ Free shuttle to town

Rhodes .................. Dock in town so no shuttle

Rio ..................... Free shuttle to town

Rome (see Civitavecchia)

Safaga,Egypt ............ a shuttle to downtown

Saint John NB ........... Dock at town so no shuttle

Salalah, Oman ........... shuttle to the Souk

Santos .................. Free shuttle to town

Sorrento ................ Free shuttle to town

Split ................... Dock at town so no shuttle

St Barts ................ tender to town..no shuttle

St. Lucia ............... Castries: Dock at town so no shuttle.

Pointe Seraphine: walking distance (about 500 metres) or water Taxi across the harbour (fee) to the main part of town.

St Malo ................. Dock at town so no shuttle

St Jean De Luz .......... Dock at town so no shuttle

St Petersburg ........... Need to book a tour - either O or private for visa

Sydney N.S. ............. Dock at town so no shuttle

Sydney Aus .............. Free shuttle to Darling Harbour centre

Tallinn ................. Free shuttle to gates of old lower town (main road outside city wall)

Valencia ................ Free shuttle to town

Valletta ................ Dock below town. Take an elevator up for a euro or two. Free to go back down to port.

Venice .................. Free shuttle to town

Zeebruge (for Bruges).... Shuttle to port gates ... Aug 2017

I would like to start a record of Oceania passengers' experiences with Free shuttles. I think this will help future cruisers plan for their activities at the various stops. I know it is a frequent question on this forum!

Valencia - Free shuttle took us near the train station. This was a great starting off point for a walking tour of the historic areas.

Palma de Mallorca - Free shuttle to an area below the cathedral which was used by several bus tour groups. We crossed busy street and had a short walk to stairs up to the cathedral area. Several stairs to climb to the church itself.

Marseille - Free shuttle to a convenient area to start some exploring. We were just steps away from the little HOHO tourist "trains" that have 2 routes through the city.

Sorrento - A short free shuttle ride helped us avoid a climb up the hill to the town's main square. From there it was a short walk to the train station where we got a ride into Pompeii.

Monte Carlo, Portofino, Amalfi - none needed

Livorno - We took a private tour so I don't know what was available.

Next year we plan to go on "Continental Connoisseur" and I would like to know what is available in Le Havre, Saint-Malo, Concarneau, La Rochelle, Verdon, Bilbao, La Coruna, Oporto, Lisbon, Cadiz, and Casablanca. I hope others of you will contribute to this thread, and thanks in advance for those of you who do.

I would add that in Palma upon exit of cruise terminal there is also a HoHo bus stop. Takes you to all the major sites.

When docked in Messina on a Celebrity ship, we walked off the ship into the town. While many people book excursions to Taormina, for anyone who doesn't want to do that, the walk around town is pleasant. For art enthusiasts, the regional art Museum in Messina has two huge and wonderful paintings by Caravaggio in a room by themselves, and we had that room to ourselves when we went there. Large crowds generally cluster around Caravaggios in other museums because there aren't many of his paintings that have survived. We went to the Messina museum by catching a tram on the street that ran by the dock. A taxi ride between the dock and the museum wouldn't cost much.

~Maya

This is nitpicking, but for Geiranger (Norway), almost all ships TENDER in from a short distance out. Some ships (usually the very largest) pay a lot of money to the port, anchor close in, and the port provides a moving "bridge" for passengers to walk to the shore. In either case, you end up right at the small town.

And in a similar vein, ships usually tender to Lerwick, UK - right in town. (No shuttle needed).

Just wanted to make it clearer that sometimes you anchor and tender rather than dock, although the end result is often the same (right in town - or possibly not!)

Also, in Cadiz, it would be highly unlikely that Oceania or any other cruise line will get you to Seville, at least for free. However, within about a 15 minute walk you can reach both the bus station and the train station to get transportation to Seville. We took the bus there and the train back and it was relatively easy. Then again, Cadiz is a pretty nice place, too, so some people may not want to make the trek to Seville.

Edited by roothy123

I won't be on Oceania when I visit these cities, but if someone could give me some clues as to what the docking/tendering/closeness of location might be, I'd love it. I'm going to Naples, Cagliari, and Trapani - and possibly Algiers if it's not cancelled.

For Coquimbo Chile is shuttle to its town center less than a mile away or to the more touristy city of La Serena about 7 miles away?

For Buenes Aires and Rio de Janerio the list just says to town – they are big towns. Any idea where the drop off is?