Favorite Breakfast on your cruise?

trinaM

On the surface, that seems really boring, compared to all the breakfast offerings these days, but okay, I like oatmeal too (at home)!;)

SO how do you dress up your OATMEAL on the Cruise ship? Oatmeal is always a go to at home for me! :)

SO how do you dress up your OATMEAL on the Cruise ship? Oatmeal is always a go to at home for me! :)

I don't 'dress it up' at all... have it the exact same way I have it at home. Plain , with a dash of Splenda for sweetness. Nothing more, nothing less..;):)

• Like 1

There are usually several different topping choices available. Some you should be able to find:

Brown sugar

Cinnamon

Coconut

Dried Fruit

Honey

Pancake Syrup

Jellies

Peanut Butter

Probably more, too.

• Like 1

My favorite breakfast for the first day at sea is always to go to the dining room and order (1) Egg Benedict, a little fruit or prunes. Sometimes with a side of corned beef hash or crispy bacon. Glass of tomato juice or a Bloody Mary, depending on my mood. The order is the same, regardless of which ship I am on.

My favorite breakfast for the first day at sea is always to go to the dining room and order (1) Egg Benedict, a little fruit or prunes. Sometimes with a side of corned beef hash or crispy bacon. Glass of tomato juice or a Bloody Mary, depending on my mood. The order is the same, regardless of which ship I am on.

CCL's Sea Day Brunch is marvelous. Go early and late on another day. Very inventive and enjoyable menu offerings, try the Hendy Diablo, it's delicious!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to tips I read here on CC, I tried the oatmeal on Princess and loved it. It was super thick, which is how I like it. They brought a little pitcher of hot milk which was awesome. They also brought cinnamon, raisins, and some nuts. I learned to order a banana as my fruit and mixed that in. I chose this for my last breakfast on my last cruise!

I also love any fresh fruit cocktails in the MDR,

Another breakfast trick we found was to order Bagels & Lox off the menu in the MDR but ask for a half order. They'd bring all the same except only half a bagel. It was a better proportion for us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Breakfast tends to be my least favorite meal of the day because I don't like eggs, oatmeal, or yogurt, so my favorite cruise breakfast is Royal's corned beef hash, hash browns, and fruit. If I can ever find chicken & waffles, avocado toast, or shrimp & grits for a cruise breakfast, that would make my day.

Breakfast tends to be my least favorite meal of the day because I don't like eggs, oatmeal, or yogurt, so my favorite cruise breakfast is Royal's corned beef hash, hash browns, and fruit. If I can ever find chicken & waffles, avocado toast, or shrimp & grits for a cruise breakfast, that would make my day.

I think Carnival has avocado toast on their new MDR breakfast menu. I'm pretty sure it's something avocado but skimmed over it when I saw it since I'm one of the few people who don't care for it - I'll save it for you;).

Blue Iguana has good shrimp, but I'm not sure if at breakfast or only lunch (or if grilled/seasoned shrimp goes with grits). If you time it right, you could probably do it as a brunch getting a bowl of grits from the buffet and topping with shrimp from BI if the buffet breakfast hours last long enough. Otherwise, maybe their sausage with the grits.

I also enjoy chicken & waffles, but usually as a comfort food supper instead of breakfast. Sausage gravy is probably the closest you'd get for breakfast.

Marketing for the Caribbean Princess purports to have avocado toast, chicken & waffles and "customizeable breakfast bowls." I will try to remember to report back if I find any of these.

• 2 weeks later...

Buckwheat pancake with a grilled peach and honey drizzle. Cappuccino to drink. It's a leisurely and quiet breakfast in the MDR -- ideal for me on days with no early morning excursion.

Chicken and Waffles? Avocado Toast? Many mentions of these items in today's modern cuisine, but I don't understand why? What am I missing?

Agree... can someone (under the age of 70) please elaborate?:confused:

I can help with Avocado Toast. Despite being a super-trendy and often over-priced hipster menu item, it is exactly what it sounds like: toast, with avocado slices on top. Minor variations exist for extra toppings, but you get the basic idea.

There are many good (and hilarious) articles about it, but this one can give you a good sense of the phenomenon: https://www.tastecooking.com/really-invented-avocado-toast/

Growing up in Northern California in the 1960s and 70s, I would lightly brown some sourdough bread and smear avocado on it. Sometimes I added sliced tomatoes. At the time, I just called it "delicious breakfast." Who knew I was so trendy so young???

With you, I eagerly await an explanation for chicken and waffles.

• Like 1

Chicken and Waffles? Avocado Toast? Many mentions of these items in today's modern cuisine, but I don't understand why? What am I missing?

Under 70 here:) I think foods go through cycles (like fashion) and avocado is one of the current "in" foods. A few years ago it seemed to be all things quinoa.

I'm not a fan of avocado, but lots of people like it and it does offer some health benefits/fits many current diet trends.

I love chicken and waffles, but don't think of it as something new - unless the newness is having it for breakfast (eggs are for breakfast, but I'm not used to chicken as a breakfast protein). Maybe my chicken and waffles is different too. I'm picturing PA Dutch, shredded chicken in gravy/cream sauce served over waffles - similar to sausage gravy over biscuits. Carb lovers comfort food;p

on RCCI it is the buffet line French toast with real butter (seemed like a blend this year so I was miffed) with warm syrup and bacon. And/or (yes, I am a pig at breakfast) a bran muffin with no raisins and/or some thick creamy oatmeal with almond slices, butter, and some half and half in it.