WHO should have been fired/resigned resultant fron the "fake" ENHANCEMENTS program?

The A Train

I think we should continue to beat this horse until they change the program back to what it was. Need to make sure additional cruise critic members see how dis loyal Oceania is to their best customers. Not taking up too much space on this board.

They will not change it back..remember CC is a small percentage of the people that cruise on Oceania..I have talked to them many times about it..

Jancruz1

No. I book cruise only fares, but Oceania insists on charging me more than a 50% single supplement on those fares when 1) a single supplement of 50% is offered AND 2) when the Cruise Only price is listed on their web site. Current situation:

A1 Cruise Only fare listed on their web site of $3649 x 1.5 = $5473.50, yet the invoice shows $5948.50.

Their explanation is that they use the OLife fare that also includes airfare and then deduct OLife from the fare, but only deduct one $950 airfare credit leaving 50% of the second airfare credit in the total amount they charge you. Why would they go through that gyration when they can just multiply the Cruise Only fare by 1.5. This is simple 8th grade math. Not only is this not right, but it is false advertising as they list the Cruise Only fare on their web site along with the 50% Reduced Single Supplement promotion. They need to fix their pricing engine and/or adjust the price to honor the advertised price or get rid of Cruise Only fares on their web site. Of course that still won't make it right. And don't get me started on paying the taxes and fees for the second person that are included in the price. I can swallow that as they are not detailed on their web site, but again it doesn't make it right.

I am currently going around in circles with my TA/Oceania on this. One last try before going to the BBB. And yes, I have screen shots and names, dates and times of those I have spoken/corresponded with.

Dont waste your time with the BB they can do nothing to a company out of the country..move on to another cruse line

Janruz1

No. I book cruise only fares, but Oceania insists on charging me more than a 50% single supplement on those fares when 1) a single supplement of 50% is offered AND 2) when the Cruise Only price is listed on their web site. Current situation:

A1 Cruise Only fare listed on their web site of $3649 x 1.5 = $5473.50, yet the invoice shows $5948.50.

Their explanation is that they use the OLife fare that also includes airfare and then deduct OLife from the fare, but only deduct one $950 airfare credit leaving 50% of the second airfare credit in the total amount they charge you. Why would they go through that gyration when they can just multiply the Cruise Only fare by 1.5. This is simple 8th grade math. Not only is this not right, but it is false advertising as they list the Cruise Only fare on their web site along with the 50% Reduced Single Supplement promotion. They need to fix their pricing engine and/or adjust the price to honor the advertised price or get rid of Cruise Only fares on their web site. Of course that still won't make it right. And don't get me started on paying the taxes and fees for the second person that are included in the price. I can swallow that as they are not detailed on their web site, but again it doesn't make it right.

I am currently going around in circles with my TA/Oceania on this. One last try before going to the BBB. And yes, I have screen shots and names, dates and times of those I have spoken/corresponded with.

You are exactly right. The "cruise fare only" figure posted on the website itineraries does include the OLife amenity option, but without airfare. That's always been like that since they introduced the "Cruise Only" option. But it is confusing. However, comparing the online web price to the price you got when you booked the cruise through your TA is not a fair comparison, especially if you're adding the single supplement fee in there as well.

It all comes down to what is listed in the confirmation sheet rather than what you would see online. Hopefully, they'll get your issue worked out

You are exactly right. The "cruise fare only" figure posted on the website itineraries does include the OLife amenity option, but without airfare. That's always been like that since they introduced the "Cruise Only" option.

Are you sure:confused:

I have booked the cruise only fare no O Life or air

it shows the same price on my invoice as the website

You are exactly right. The "cruise fare only" figure posted on the website itineraries does include the OLife amenity option, but without airfare. That's always been like that since they introduced the "Cruise Only" option. But it is confusing. However, comparing the online web price to the price you got when you booked the cruise through your TA is not a fair comparison, especially if you're adding the single supplement fee in there as well.

It all comes down to what is listed in the confirmation sheet rather than what you would see online. Hopefully, they'll get your issue worked out

I believe you're missing a n't

I can only speak to the pricing in Canadian. On the front screen I see two fares, with air and Olife and without. When I click into a category to pick a cabin I see a third price if I select no air. This third price is no air but with Olife benefits. I have no way of booking online at that price I saw on the first page. O has to adjust it. It’s a pain

You're wrong. The "Cruise Only" fare displayed on the US website does not include the Olife amenity. It even says so at the bottom of the page in the Terms and Conditions: "Cruise-Only Fares do not include OLife Choice amenities or airfare."

Are you sure:confused:

I have booked the cruise only fare no O Life or air

it shows the same price on my invoice as the website

I just tried fake booking a cruise only fare and after selecting the cabin, it asked which OLife option I wanted. Did I miss a box where I can eliminate the OLife option all together?

I just tried fake booking a cruise only fare and after selecting the cabin, it asked which OLife option I wanted. Did I miss a box where I can eliminate the OLife option all together?

OK

I just use my TA to book & the price matches what is shown on the cruise page

I would think there must be some option to do CRUISE ONLY fare

That is why I have a good TA to look after the details :halo:

YMMV

You're wrong. The "Cruise Only" fare displayed on the US website does not include the Olife amenity. It even says so at the bottom of the page in the Terms and Conditions: "Cruise-Only Fares do not include OLife Choice amenities or airfare."

You are correct. My mistake. I was thinking for some dumb reason you can book a "cruise only" fare using the website. You can't from what I can see now. You have to go through a TA or book directly with a person at Oceania. Sorry.

It says it but you can’t book it.

It says it but you can’t book it.

Just wondered when you go right through the whole booking to the end if it makes the adjustments for cruise only at the end of the process??

Did it still show the O Life price ?

Just wondered when you go right through the whole booking to the end if it makes the adjustments for cruise only at the end of the process??

I’ve been all the way to the end and definitely haven’t figured a way to remove it. I certainly could be missing something but I don’t think so

I just did a fake booking as well all the way through to the Review section and I couldn't find any option which would allow you to remove the OLife option.

Maybe something someone should mention to the IT dept so they can fix it
I've been saying that for years to my TA and O, but nada. Prior to them publishing Cruise Only fares their logic was arguable at best, but still wrong as it is today. I remember arguing this same point in the past, to no avail. Now with the publishing of the Cruise Only fares it is painfully obvious and outright false advertising when it comes to reduced single supplements, or as you implied, the inability of their programmers to understand basic math and sales justifying it with lame excuses. In the end it is still false advertising with a hint of bait and switch. But still my arguments and basic math has fallen on deaf ears. We'll see if anything improves today.