RC Catamaran & Snorket - 6 hour

cruisefar

Did this excursion last week. Loved the boat and the crew was very personable!! The snorkeling is very poor. No coral but some fish. (I have been spoiled by Grand Turk, Bonaire and Hawaii!!) Our beach stop in Nevis was subpar. Dirty looking sand, drop-off getting into the water and some small rocks. The rum punch was awesome!! I was not impressed with the beach in St Kitts on our last visit which is why we did this excursion. Next time in St Kitts I will stay on the ship!:cool:

Did this excursion last week. Loved the boat and the crew was very personable!! The snorkeling is very poor. No coral but some fish. (I have been spoiled by Grand Turk, Bonaire and Hawaii!!) Our beach stop in Nevis was subpar. Dirty looking sand, drop-off getting into the water and some small rocks. The rum punch was awesome!! I was not impressed with the beach in St Kitts on our last visit which is why we did this excursion. Next time in St Kitts I will stay on the ship!:cool:

Thanks you for this review. I am considering this ship excursion (I usually do private ones) when we are in St. Kitts in October.

It's our first time to that Island and want to experience something there.

Funny, we did this the week of April 14. I would agree snorkeling wasn't spectacular as there wasn't a coral reef, lots of big boulders. We did see a sea turtle. The beach at Nevis did have colored sand- because Nevis is a volcanic island. We didn't find "rocks" but lots of sea shells. The water was warm and the views great. Fun crew, great rum punch- dancing and singing. The cat had a big "playpen" with cargo netting. Our entire group had 6 people, and we saw many from the cat throughout the ship after. Made a few new friends, many who commented on what a great group of passengers. Maybe we didn't have really high expectations on the beaches being white sand or on the snorkeling because we know that there are better areas to see reefs and fish. We had fun.

We sailed Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Sea. On our original visit we did an island tour and toured a fort which was really cool, Romney Manor which I really liked and a beach. I love a white sand beach so clearly St Kitts/Nevis beaches are not for me!! Again...I loved the catamaran, crew and food/beverages!! So if you are looking for a fun day out on the water you will love it!!!:cool:

• 1 month later...

Cruisefar, do you know what outfit provided the boat? Did you book it through the ship? Was it Blue Wave, or a different one? My husband and I will be on Adventure in March, and were looking at doing this. We've been to St. Kitts and Nevis many times, but this is the first time by cruise ship. I really LOVE Nevis and can't wait to get back!