Royal cunard ball

Radar boomer

We are!

Just been trawling through posts relating to the 3 formal nights. I’m assuming that you don’t have to follow the theme as long as you are wearing formal evening wear (ie roaring twenties night)?

We are on the August 3 crossing, as well. You don’t have to follow the theme and, as I’ve read (and noted on YouTube) most people dress formally but do not dress up for the Roaring 20s.

We are on the August 3 crossing, as well. You don’t have to follow the theme and, as I’ve read (and noted on YouTube) most people dress formally but do not dress up for the Roaring 20s.

Thanks

Thanks

We have been on 2 QM2 cruises so far that had 20s night, there were many dressed in flapper dresses and garb...not so much different for men, tux is a tux, difference sometimes is that the vest becomes a white one with tie vs black. It’s fun to see everyone dressed up in the past, kind of romanticizes Days gone by when cruising started to get to and from US to Britain and vice versa..the cruise is what you make it to be, regardless of dress, it a great time and why we keep coming back to cunard...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been on 2 QM2 cruises so far that had 20s night, there were many dressed in flapper dresses and garb...not so much different for men, tux is a tux, difference sometimes is that the vest becomes a white one with tie vs black. It’s fun to see everyone dressed up in the past, kind of romanticizes Days gone by when cruising started to get to and from US to Britain and vice versa..the cruise is what you make it to be, regardless of dress, it a great time and why we keep coming back to cunard...

Thanks for the insight. Not sure my wife has flapper dresses! We are ballroom & Latin dancers but haven’t ever done Charleston or black bottom!

Really looking forward to this TA voyage. It’s been on the bucket list for some time, and this year the planets were aligned for us.

On last weeks TA I did dressed in red for the Royal Ball and hardly any other lady was in red. A few red or gold bow ties on the men. The roaring 20's was a big surprise though. I did not wear anything related to the twenties but I'd guess 50% of the ladies were in flapper dresses or had a feather bower, headbands and beads. I did not feel out of place and no comments were made about me not taking part. People are to busy having fun to care what you are wearing so if you want to join in then do if not just enjoy the evening looking at those that do.

On last weeks TA I did dressed in red for the Royal Ball and hardly any other lady was in red. A few red or gold bow ties on the men. The roaring 20's was a big surprise though. I did not wear anything related to the twenties but I'd guess 50% of the ladies were in flapper dresses or had a feather bower, headbands and beads. I did not feel out of place and no comments were made about me not taking part. People are to busy having fun to care what you are wearing so if you want to join in then do if not just enjoy the evening looking at those that do.

Thanks, have relayed information to the boss. I’ll be wearing my DJ whatever 🤣

We're on the August 3 crossing as well! My family is excited about the Roaring 20s Night and Masquerade. I did buy a red dress for the Royal Cunard Ball, but mostly because I needed one more dress. I'm hoping that my children will look so cute, no one will notice my 75 year old mother who will likely not be conforming to any suggested themes! We're just happy to get her in nice clothes! :-) (But she's earned the right to dress however she feels comfortable!)