EN; only Gty blcny Nov-Apr

Someone posted on another site that they were looking for a balcony near the elevator, and all Royal is showing is guarantees.

I thought, no way.

Checked 3 night sailings from Nov-Feb.

yep.

Can't choose your balcony cabin.

I wonder if this is some new weird marketing strategy by Royal?

6 months of 3 nighters where you can't choose your balcony cabin?????

She was asking if anyone planned to give up their balcony by the elevator, would they please let her know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is a bit weird - GTY only when booking for two but choices available when booking 3 or 4. She could book for 3 and then cancel the third person 2 weeks out - or wait until this weird restriction is lifted, or book GTY and then hope you can move once the assignment is made.

That is a bit weird - GTY only when booking for two but choices available when booking 3 or 4. She could book for 3 and then cancel the third person 2 weeks out - or wait until this weird restriction is lifted, or book GTY and then hope you can move once the assignment is made.

If you cancel a third will they re-price your booking?

This came up when we booked our 3 night. We have 10 people in 4 rooms. So that is two rooms with three guests each and the other two rooms have two in each. For the rooms with 3 guests, we were able to select the rooms and the other rooms with two guests were GTY. Unfortunately we ended up on separate decks :(

Did you try moving after the GTY bookings got cabin assignments?

No, although I suppose we should at least ask the TA if there are any options available. The balcony rooms for 3 guests (we needed them joining and one with a pullman) are on deck 8 under the pool. I'm assuming that probably can't be moved. The other two rooms are on deck 7 and right near the elevator. One of the others is also an adjoining room but not with our group. Not sure if that noise potential is worth moving or if the noise from the pool deck on 8 would be worse.

She specified 2.

I'll go suggest her to look into booking 3 people.

Thanks.

Still weird.

Not one 3 night sailing can 2 people choose their balcony.

Doesn't make sense to me. I think it's more likely some sort of oversight/misprogramming rather than a change in policy.