Did I book ok cabin? Island Princess

MsBST2

There are people who will contend that you booked the wrong ship......the problem with the Island is that she was renovated to add many more passenger cabins and decrease public spaces, making her one of the most crowded ships in the fleet.

I booked E708 Confused now thinking it may be obstructed view? Have you stayed in this cabin?

Thank you

I have not stayed in this cabin but I did look it up on the Princess site. It does not have an obstructed view. No obstruction at all. Enjoy.

If you booked a balcony then you do not have an obstruction. We have sailed on this ship 3 times, twice before the renovation and once after. Did not have any issue with her. Enjoy your cruise.

I believe you would be in the "added" cabin section which are actually cabins identical to the Royal/Regal/Majestic. I had a similar cabin on the starboard side and experienced significant vibration. I hope that has been resolved. Yes, it felt crowded with that many additional passengers and no new public space. I would NOT go on Island Princess again. My opinion, YMMV

There are people who will contend that you booked the wrong ship......the problem with the Island is that she was renovated to add many more passenger cabins and decrease public spaces' date=' making her one of the most crowded ships in the fleet.[/quote']

This page has a list of passenger space ratios.

Caribbean (and others) are much worse than island.

http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/761-cruise-ship-passenger-capacity-ratings

This page has a list of passenger space ratios.

Caribbean (and others) are much worse than island.

http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/761-cruise-ship-passenger-capacity-ratings

Interesting. Obviously, there is a difference between "space" and "public space," and a wide range in minimum and maximum passenger capacity.

I did find it interesting that when I looked at another line, their "big" ships show more space per passenger than their smaller ships, yet while on board the big ships feel much more crowded. Likely the layout has much to do with the perception of space.

I would have said that the Diamond felt more crowded than the Caribbean, and we certainly experienced more occasions when there was no seating for various events, but per the chart, the opposite is true. Of course, I can remember other times when we went to Club Fusion to get a coke and the place was deserted except for the bar tenders. Perhaps certain venues were more crowded.

I would have said that the Diamond felt more crowded than the Caribbean' date=' .[/quote']

To me, nothing is worse than caribbean on a rainy afternoon in the caribbean, when

every passenger is inside. Yuck.

don't be scared off! i was on the island last month. its probably my least favourite ship but its not awful. i didn't notice any crowding and the staff was top notch. you won't have any obstruction. its true cabins were added but the good news with these cabins is that they are new and there are cabins above and below you.

I sailed on the Island Princess in May this year in cabin E710 - right next door - cabin was spacious and balcony larger than most and under cover with cabins above and below - very quiet and didn't experience any of the unusual aft vibration and noise some other's have. It was actually larger than standard - was 734 sqft - on the deckplan click right on the cabin itself and it give the size for that cabin - forward cabins are 722 - it all helps! Not obstructed view at all. Head aft from your cabin and you'll see a door to go out - there is a lovely big deck back there for additional viewing. The ship was in great shape, it is a little "choppier" in design now compared to the Coral with the addition of cabins and features. It can at times be a bit crowded here and there during peak times but I found not more so than others in the fleet. Loved it for Alaska. Staff were great. I'd sail her again and in the same cabin It's all personal viewpoints. Enjoy your cruise!

There are people who will contend that you booked the wrong ship......the problem with the Island is that she was renovated to add many more passenger cabins and decrease public spaces' date=' making her one of the most crowded ships in the fleet.[/quote']

I have read many reviews of The Island. I have noted that there is a huge difference in the reviews of those that are new to the ship and those that sailed on her before the renovations were done. Most reviews are positive from the 1st time cruisers and negative from the repeat cruisers. I will be on a Panama Canal cruise on her in March and I am confident that I will enjoy the cruise and not notice the extra 200 passengers. You can always find less crowded spots on a ship.

We were on the Island last July and really enjoyed her. Since then we have sailed the Coral and definitely found her less crowded in the theatre, lounge and promenade deck and I enjoy the IC, so prefer the Coral. That said, I’d have no problem sailing on the Island again.

We were on the Island after the refit and was disappointed that the ship did not have the International Cafe, plenty of other places to eat but I always enjoy the cafe. The only place we found it too crowded was the Princess showroom. One must get there 40 minutes before showtime. Standing room only where allowed near showtime.

I have read many reviews of The Island. I have noted that there is a huge difference in the reviews of those that are new to the ship and those that sailed on her before the renovations were done. Most reviews are positive from the 1st time cruisers and negative from the repeat cruisers. I will be on a Panama Canal cruise on her in March and I am confident that I will enjoy the cruise and not notice the extra 200 passengers. You can always find less crowded spots on a ship.

We did the Island partial transit of the Panama canal last year (19 days) & I loved her, my sister & I think she is our favorite Princess ship we've been on & only felt crowded one day (when they had to cancel all shore excursions at the last minute & everyone was hanging out wondering what to do).

• 2 weeks later...