What camera stabilizer you have?

I just bought a Lumix FZ300, now im in the market for stablizers and there’s too many of them out there. The ones that appeals to me the most are :

- Cam caddie Scorpion jr.

- Steadicam

- Gorillapod

and the 3 axis gimbal (as a last resort).

Speaking of which, do you know any that costs less than $500? If not, can i make do with any day of those three mentioned above???

thanks...

I just bought a Lumix FZ300, now im in the market for stablizers and there’s too many of them out there. The ones that appeals to me the most are :

- Cam caddie Scorpion jr.

- Steadicam

- Gorillapod

and the 3 axis gimbal (as a last resort).

Speaking of which, do you know any that costs less than $500? If not, can i make do with any day of those three mentioned above???

thanks...

I know that some specialized video cameras [e.g. Panasonic GH5s] omit in camera stabilization features to allow for use with gimbals, steady cam or other external fixtures - but just what do you expect to achieve with an external / accessory stabilizer + a 'bridge' camera?

Have you explored the limits [and limitations] of the in camera stabilization features?

The built in Optical Image Stabilization is not available when i tried filming in 4k mode, so i was hoping any of those handheld stabilizers can offset that.

I would be taking photos and videos( if possible all in 4k). There would be lots of walking, hiking and some wildlife involved.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly don't shoot video so I don't have experience with any of the external stabilizers...however I'd like to praise you and give you all the kudos available for looking to purchase one. If more people followed your lead when shooting video, the world would be a better place! Just one hour looking through various viral videos and YouTube videos makes me feel like I'm watching while riding in a Jeep with no suspension driven by Howard Cosell on a badly maintained off road trail during a 9 point earthquake.