Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 23

Pictures taken between Monday, June 4 and Sunday, June 10.

Rules:

This isn't a contest.

Prizes will not be awarded.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacation and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera.

Share your fun with others.

The fun is your prize and it's a good one!

Still wondering if the photo can be seen by others....Anyone?

Nothing. Several people have had issues posting from Google accounts. Since the link points to a user content address, I'm guessing it is a sharing permissions issue. Try this link to Google sharing support and see if it helps.

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

A good way to test to see if others can see your links is to open an Incognito window in Chrome or an InPrivate one in Edge. That way your personal credentials aren't available to validate the link and you will see the public view only.

Dave

I didn't get out much this week. I was busy at work and a bit brain-tired afterwards. Another factor was a slightly overdue return to the business of household projects. After finishing the extended counter and drawer section of the new kitchen layout, vacation and some overdue yard projects derailed the remodel. Pictured this week is another delay. Near my office area is a small-closet-sized recess that held printers, many, many types of paper and network equipment, all half-finished and visible. The printers are gone as is the paper. The other let’s-stuff-it-here items are gone and soon it will be nicely organized cabinets and drawers...with an espresso bar!

Progress

p2916158327-5.jpg

Dave

I was up at Disney World for my summer vacation starting Friday, so my shots for this week are from up there. Starting out with a most spectacular post-sunset dusk sky on the first night there - it had rained hard earlier that afternoon with heavy thunderstorms, which yielded to mammatus clouds that typically follow heavy storms...then the sun started to set through that heavy cloud base - the colors really got started once the sun had just dropped below the horizon, and started lighting up those storm cloud skies. I was walking through Disney Springs just before dinner and enjoying the light show:

Starting right after the sun dropped, the west skies behind the Boathouse restaurant started to get colorful:

original.jpg

I decided to head up to the outside rooftop bar on the 5th floor of Paddlefish restaurant to get a better view of the skies over Disney Springs:

original.jpg

Then I headed out to the patio bar over the water at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, and took a few more snaps from water level:

original.jpg

Zoomed in a bit to frame the West End buildings with the colorful dusk sky:

original.jpg

And just to throw in something different, here's an interior shot of the Artist's Point restaurant in the Wilderness Lodge resort, where I was staying this trip:

original.jpg

Back garden visitor

I know where I want to be

42255017034_b0f0b56168_k.jpg

up up on the roof, OK didn't make it stopped for lunch

41163517540_32f0b9ab82_k.jpg

Ah, that's it, got here and desserts

41163517150_cc2237f61d_b.jpg

Look at me Ma, Top of the world

42255013014_a881a986fb_b.jpg

Oh well, time to catch some rays

img