23kg or 20kg ?

Fox trotter

According to the FAQs on the Cunard website, maximum weight per luggage item is 23kg. However having received etickets and luggage labels today, I notice it states maximum 20kg per item. Although of course there's no limit to the number of items.

Has the limit changed ?

Only weigh ours if we are flying. Joining the ship in port I figure if I can pick it up (I will be 71 in August) then I think the strong lads at Southampton can as well!!

Peter

Our porter was a young girl last year and she picked our cases up like they were a couple of balloons.

I think I have figured this out. We are booked on Intercruises coach travel to Southampton and they have a 20kg per item limit. The coach booking is linked to the cruise booking, so the 20kg is shown on the tickets and luggage labels. The 20kg also applies to Eavesway coaches.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a conversation with someone at the coach company as their website was a little confusing regarding weight and sizes of suitcases. They advised me that 23kg was the maximum their driver was allowed to lift, so they quote 20kg as a maximum as from experience they know some passengers will always try to squeeze in a bit more than the limit.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently used National Express coach to get us to Southampton - they quoted 20KG so that is what we packed to. It has to do with O,H & S regs. Flying to the UK we were allowed 2x23Kg and Cunard obviously doesn't weigh anything.