Post cruise charge by Cunard -again.

Bedruthen

Just checked my bank statement and yet again Cunard have slipped a post cruise charge through, one day after disembarkation,this time for £3.34, which I assume is going to be attributed to mini bar usage- we didn’t touch the mini bar. This is now the third cruise that we have come back from and have had either an additional disputed charge or a refund not credited. Anyone else experienced this?

This has happened to me twice, the first time it was over $70. Both times it has been put right quickly, but I would be happier if it had not happened at all.

When you complain, make sure you point out this is not the first time it has happened.

It is interesting that they clearly keep our credit card information in their system for a long period of time, despite the fact that on our last cruise where we were on 3 different bookings, we had to go and give them the card at the start of each segment.

We disembarked Queen Elizabeth in April, and today there was a charge from the ship to our visa account.

I checked our account, and indeed the charge was valid, but one wonders why it would take them so long to notice it.

Strangely this has only ever happened to me on one cruise line but on every cruise I have taken with them - Cunard. Always came home with good memories but even finding a small charge that you never made being put onto your bill is frustrating. I am not sure why this happens.

Just checked my bank statement and yet again Cunard have slipped a post cruise charge through, one day after disembarkation,this time for £3.34, which I assume is going to be attributed to mini bar usage- we didn’t touch the mini bar. This is now the third cruise that we have come back from and have had either an additional disputed charge or a refund not credited. Anyone else experienced this?
......this also happened to us once a few years ago and on challenging cunard in writing to tell us what this charge related to

a long correspondence ensued until they admitted they could not actually tell me what the charge was for except it was related to our stateroom. i was annoyed as i had left the ship assuming my account was accurate and accepted therefore paid in full. i had checked the account items on the sheet slipped under our door with all receipts, before leaving , altthough they did say it was too long since we left the ship to find out what the charge related to but as you only find out about the additional charge once your next monthly bank statement comes to your home something which is out of your personal control, we felt that this was unacceptable and as you must sign for things aboard and i had all my receipts to hand none of which applied to anything in the stateroom. we never even used the minibar as we do not drink so it could not have been applied to that that.we also actually had the pol acker taken away by the steward since we never even opened it.nor did i take any of their towels, bedding, dressing gown and slippers home.nor have anything delivered to the stateroom either like breakfast for example so no tip was outstanding so it was a mystery to both them and us.apparently you have to take their word for it that you owe them but it left a very bad taste in our mouths.although we have cruised with them since then, it has only happened once.however if it happened to me again i would begin to wonder what on earth was going on and demand a more acceptable explanation /outcome . it has never happened with any of the other cruise lines we have sailed with.

......this also happened to us once a few years ago and on challenging cunard in writing to tell us what this charge related to

a long correspondence ensued until they admitted they could not actually tell me what the charge was for except it was related to our stateroom. i was annoyed as i had left the ship assuming my account was accurate and accepted therefore paid in full. i had checked the account items on the sheet slipped under our door with all receipts, before leaving , altthough they did say it was too long since we left the ship to find out what the charge related to but as you only find out about the additional charge once your next monthly bank statement comes to your home something which is out of your personal control, we felt that this was unacceptable and as you must sign for things aboard and i had all my receipts to hand none of which applied to anything in the stateroom. we never even used the minibar as we do not drink so it could not have been applied to that that.we also actually had the pol acker taken away by the steward since we never even opened it.nor did i take any of their towels, bedding, dressing gown and slippers home.nor have anything delivered to the stateroom either like breakfast for example so no tip was outstanding so it was a mystery to both them and us.apparently you have to take their word for it that you owe them but it left a very bad taste in our mouths.although we have cruised with them since then, it has only happened once.however if it happened to me again i would begin to wonder what on earth was going on and demand a more acceptable explanation /outcome . it has never happened with any of the other cruise lines we have sailed with.

Sure enough. It has just happened to me as well. Does anyone know if there is an email address we can write to about this added charge? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's happened to me at least three times...if not more! I simply call Cunard's 800 tel. number, report what happened, and they issue a credit to my Visa card. We never use the mini bar. It's annoying but easily resolved.

Perhaps easily resolved but that isnt the point it should not be happening in the first place and is happeneing all too often. Makes you wonder if its happening and it is so easy to get a refund that Cunard know what the problem is so why dont they solve it. Think favourite is items removed from mini bar after your bill is paid on final night and does make you wonder if it is a staff problem taking items out of mini bar.

Going by the number of people complaining about charges appearing after disembarkation in relation to the number of oassenpass, it would seem that the problem is actually relatively minor. This is not to say that it is more than a little annoying if a spurious charge appears!

Despite a number of voyages with Cunard, only once have we had a charge appear. This was for a mini bar purchase that we had not made (we never do!). It took a couple of weeks to sort out, but the money was refunded. The only remaining irritation was that the exchange rate from US$ to GB£ had changed and we lost out slightly. As it was pennies it was not worth worrying about. However had the amount been more substantial, then a further complaint would have had to be made.

As others have said, a call to Cunard is usually enough to get the matter resokres.

Don't forget that if an account statement is put by your cabin door, that it may not be right up to date as if may have been printed a little while beforehand as it takes time to print let alone hand deliver a multitude of statements to the cabins!

Mistakes happen, including by passengers! Of course if Cunard are in error, then it should be resolved quickly. Bear in mind that often Cunard shore office will have to communicate with the relevant ship, and someone on board may have to go through thousands of receipts to check.

Some delays are probably because like many businesses, Cunard do not have enough staff to deal with complaints and queries, but that seems to be a fact of modern life!

We have had this happen a few years ago on two occasions.

How many people don’t check and how much do Carnival earn from this.

One of the many reasons I will never cruise with them again.

Just an update. We queried the charge whilst onboard on the return crossing. The purser immediately recognised it as the cost of the large bottle of water always provided in the cabin. When we explained that we had not touched the water, the charge was refunded as an obc.

It happened to us after QV cruise, we keep all statements and I tick off all slips on board so knew we had no spend last day plus we were off by 10am for flight home, a week later noticed a charge on CC statement

rang Cunard Southampton they needed to investigate their end had a phone call couple of days later yes their error so refund, but I incurred a sterling fee as its dollars so out of pocket for that.

Once while onboard I noticed a charge that I had not incurred. I queried at Reception, who sent me to the relevant shop. It turned out to be an issue with the sale of a watch from one of the tables on deck 3. You don't use your card for those sales; you give your room number and sign a docket. When the relevant docket was found, my room number was on it but not my name. Someone had put down the wrong room number, presumably by mistake. It really is important to check those dockets. (At least problems like this can't occur at the last minute as they don't have table sales on the last day.)