Pool at Grand Turk

icedancer43

Hello. I keep seeing multiple posts about there being a pool at Grand Turk, but have not seen any pictures. Does anyone have any pictures of it and where is it located? Thank you.

It’s right when you get off the ship, at Margaritaville. It’s a huge pool. Just google Margaritaville Grand Turk and you’ll see it.

These should give you a good idea:

cover_1024x342.jpg

That second shot in particular is great since it shows how close the pool is to the cruise-ship pier.

The pool is the largest at any Margaritaville in the Caribbean and one of the largest non-resort pools in the region, too.

For those who also crave sand and saltwater, the beach and lots of free loungers (and two rows of rental loungers) is between the Flow-Rider and the ship in this photo. It's THAT close.

Just got back from my fifth visit there and Grand Turk is still my single favorite "relax" cruise port.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
That second shot in particular is great since it shows how close the pool is to the cruise-ship pier.

The pool is the largest at any Margaritaville in the Caribbean and one of the largest non-resort pools in the region, too.

For those who also crave sand and saltwater, the beach and lots of free loungers (and two rows of rental loungers) is between the Flow-Rider and the ship in this photo. It's THAT close.

Just got back from my fifth visit there and Grand Turk is still my single favorite "relax" cruise port.

Do you have to pay to use the facilities at Margaritaville? We plan to have something merging to eat and drink, but wondered about using chairs, pool etc.

Do you have to pay to use the facilities at Margaritaville? We plan to have something merging to eat and drink, but wondered about using chairs, pool etc.

The pool and the chairs at Margaritaville are free to use. You do not need to make a purchase to use them. There is a charge to use the Flow-Rider or to rent the cabanas, which is done on the ship, as an excursion.

The pool and the chairs at Margaritaville are free to use. You do not need to make a purchase to use them. There is a charge to use the Flow-Rider or to rent the cabanas, which is done on the ship, as an excursion.

The only exception, as mentioned a few times on the forum, is the two rows of beach chairs closest to the beach and in front of Margaritaville, which local vendors charge money for. :mad:

All of the loungers on the beach behind those two rows (they are a different, standard color), as well as all of the loungers by the nearby pool, are free to use. On the other side of the cruise pier, all of those loungers on that beach are also free.

• 2 months later...

You are not able to purchase a ticket for the Flow-Rider while there, it must be done in advance?

You are not able to purchase a ticket for the Flow-Rider while there, it must be done in advance?

That is correct. It can be purchased online prior to your cruise or once on the ship, at the shore excursions desk.

• 2 weeks later...

If there is still availability, I'm pretty sure you can book time on the Flow-Rider right at Margaritaville; I saw prices posted there. I can't imagine they'd turn down your money. :)

If you haven’t been to Grand Turk lately, things changed this year for the negative in my opinion .

First off, the chairs surrounding are now $35pp to rent for the day (new from this year).

Secondly the blue chairs in the beach are free but they are now in the back. You can rent chairs by the beach now for $25pp (used to be free). To me this makes this already throw away port stop even less desireable. Carnival greed strikes again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you haven’t been to Grand Turk lately, things changed this year for the negative in my opinion .

First off, the chairs surrounding are now $35pp to rent for the day (new from this year).

Secondly the blue chairs in the beach are free but they are now in the back. You can rent chairs by the beach now for $25pp (used to be free). To me this makes this already throw away port stop even less desireable. Carnival greed strikes again

Wait a minute, the chairs surrounding WHAT are $35pp to rent?

Just some clarification. :)

We were just there about 10 days ago. They do not charge for chairs around the pool. They have a handful of special chairs (with safes and umbrellas) that can be rented. Plenty of free chairs directly around the pool.

The beach chairs- a Carnival rep was standing on the dock warning about the ones that cost money. Carnival provides the free chairs....locals provide and charge for the others.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how much the cabanas rent for? How far are cabanas from the pool?

I think the price can vary but we paid $159. Worth every penny IMO :). The cabanas are directly around the pool area.

The cabanas are not showing up for our January 6 cruise on the Pride. I have been watching since they began posting the shore excursions.

Are you in port with another ship? That may affect availability.

Or, it’s possible they haven’t released them yet.

Maybe call Carnival and ask :).

Thanks. The Pride is the only ship in port.

It is possible they haven't released the cabanas yet. Carnival seems slow at getting shore excursions for this cruise, a 14 day Journeys.

We are hitting Grand Turk June 2019. I was just looking a the listed excursions and didnt see the cabana rental at Margaritaville listed. Is it possible they are already booked?? Also how do you check to see if other ships will be there the same day?