Has Anyone Been to GUADELOUPE?

OCruisers

:confused: Have any of you ever been to Guadeloupe? :confused:

Guadeloupe will be a new port for us!

Any and all help with ideas of what to do there would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

We had a day in Guadeloupe back in 1998 aboard the Carnival Inspiration, and had a wonderful day. The island is butterfly shaped, and very scenic. We took the ship's excursion to a remote waterfall - can't remember the name right off, but it was a pretty long drive and was near a volcano. We got out and hiked about 30-45 minutes to the bottom of a group of waterfalls that were probably 100 feet or more high each. There was a very "refreshing" (read "FREEZING COLD") pool at the bottom of the falls that the bravehearted (or simply clumsy, as my wife found out) could swim in if they so chose. The spray from the falls alone was enough to cool you off quite nicely! I can't remember what other excursions were offered there, but this was one of the more memorable days of the cruise! I think you'll enjoy Guadeloupe.

2Feathers .... Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your excursion in Guadeloupe and the warning :eek: about the "chilly" water at the fall!

Since this will be our first time in Guadeloupe, we probably will take a ship's shore excursion. Do you remember if your ship offered any sort of excursion to The Cousteau Underwater Park?

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :confused:

Sorry, OCruisers... I don't remember if that excursion was offered or not. I kind of doubt it, though. We typically look at the beach & snorkeling type excursions first, and that sounds like one that would have at least stirred our interest. Then again, that was a few years back, and I don't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...

We were just there in March & booked a private tour. I saw all the negative stuff, but we never know if we'll get back to a place or not & I'm not staying on the ship. It wasn't scary at all, you just have to get out of the port.

we used Cristina her contact info is artek.rh@gmail.com she speaks english, spanish & french - so no language barrier at all. This was a little more expensive than the other tours we have taken, but totally worth it. She picked us up at the dock, to a little fort, & to the marina, where we met the speedboat captain & the 4 of us went to an island that we had almost to ourselves. It was beautiful. We had lots of beverages, snacks, breads, fruits, etc. Then when we came back, we went to a little local place on the water for lunch.

She can give you pricing on anything you want to do there. Our tour was a little over $400. 1/2 is paid in advance t hrough paypal & the balance during the tour.

I would highly recommend this.

• 4 weeks later...

It was about nine years ago when I started this thread.

Yes, we did have our port stop there.

NO, we did not enjoy it. Unfortunately, we were there on a day when there was a "Cruise Ship Protest" going on. :(

LuLu

~~~~

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting the information about your tour. I too agree that I would not pass up an opportunity to see somewhere that I have never been. I have contacted Cristina and am currently booking a tour with her. Just wondering how the boat ride was? Approximately how long was the ride and did the boat go very fast? We have eight in our group, would your boat accommodate that many?

QUOTE=ISellCakesforCruises;37935210]We were just there in March & booked a private tour. I saw all the negative stuff, but we never know if we'll get back to a place or not & I'm not staying on the ship. It wasn't scary at all, you just have to get out of the port.

we used Cristina her contact info is artek.rh@gmail.com she speaks english, spanish & french - so no language barrier at all. This was a little more expensive than the other tours we have taken, but totally worth it. She picked us up at the dock, to a little fort, & to the marina, where we met the speedboat captain & the 4 of us went to an island that we had almost to ourselves. It was beautiful. We had lots of beverages, snacks, breads, fruits, etc. Then when we came back, we went to a little local place on the water for lunch.

She can give you pricing on anything you want to do there. Our tour was a little over $400. 1/2 is paid in advance t hrough paypal & the balance during the tour.

I would highly recommend this.

• 5 years later...