GeoCaching and Cruising

Geocachi

Got back from our Baltic Cruise a little while ago, and I have a Geocaching story I thought I'd share.

So with Russia requiring an excursion to see the sights, I knew I only had a single shot at getting a cache there - the virtual at the Church of the Spilled Blood. It was the final stop on the tour after two days, and I was nervous about potentially being on the wrong side of the church etc, it looked like it was on a bridge and so on, and I'd have to work out a reason to say why I needed to go there.

Then the tour bus pulled up and parked on the exact coordinates. I kid you not. The wife and I could not believe our luck. Still laughing about it now. Bagsy one Russian geocache!

Cruised with Princess in May 2015 on the Inaugural Royal Baltics cruise. Managed to get caches in all ports, 3 in St Petersburg. Princess had an excursion with 3 hours on your own. Loved the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can someone help me with recommendations on a good inexpensive Geocaching device for a beginner? Not sure I want to spend big bucks until I know my husband and I like geocaching in ports. Thank you in advance!!!!

You can use the c:geo ap just like a GPS. You just have to store the caches in the ap before you go. Then you can log them once you get back to reasonable internet charges or home. When you get off the ship leave your phone in airplane mode and you use nothing.

Use the ap store to look for c:geo and it will show you some sample screen shots. You will be able to read a better description there as well.

There is another for the apples called cachly, but I have never used it as I have android.

Then you should be able to find some youtube videos about either one to be able to learn more.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

just returned from 26 day baltic cruise & of course, found geocaches in each port/area....... would be interested in availabilty of cruises & tours that focus on geocaching..... as we geocachers know......geocaching takes us to the best site seeing spots around the world & more.....queenofscots

• 5 months later...

Happy to have found the his page.

Does anyone know if there’s a geocaching vlogger ?

Was thinking of giving it a go.

We love caching abroad as it can take you to some lovely none tourist places.

Got 4 booked for 18, all Europe and one for 19 (Rocky Mountaineer and Alaskan Cunard)

We have Geocached in Alaska. Great fun. We even set up a meet-up in Anchorage at a coffee shop and 8-10 local geocachers showed up. We had pathtags made up and gifted them to those who came. We had a number of trackables that the locals picked up as well. We had an event in our hometown where we had collected them.

Team_CSG goes to Norway in June of 18, caching north of the Arctic Circle this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Check out Geocaching Adventures LLC on Facebook. Lots of awesome Geocaching cruise Adventures there! They put together awesome trips that are centered around geocaching and you get to hang out with other geocachers too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruising and Geocaching is the best! I've booked Geocaching cruises with Denise from Geocaching Adventures LLC on Facebook. Not only do you meet and cache with a great group, all of the port tours are geared toward a balance of Geocaching and sight seeing. The Baltic Sea cruise we did last June took us to 9 countries including Iceland! The Viva Cuba cruise this Jan was a great way to visit 2 new countries and Key west! I'm booked on this years Alaska Geocaching cruise which includes a night in Vancouver and then a trip to HQ in Seattle along with the geotour. I'm also looking forward to this years Mediterranean Geocaching Adventure. She puts together a Bermuda Geotour cruise that I haven't been on yet but everyone raves about. There's even a land caching tour to do the APE cache in Brazil. This is a great way for couples and single cachers alike to travel, as Denise will help you find a cabin mate if you don't have one!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...