Celebrity/princess/or Royal for a wedding????

Cbos82

i am getting married in 2020 And doing a cruise....however having a hard time deciding which one to do!?!? Any suggestions? We have a group of about 30 and would like to do a sit down dinner the day we get married. We are bringing our own photographer.

I am planning my June wedding currently. There are a few differences between the two. I originally was convinced that Royal Caribbean was the only way to go. After doing some more research IMHO RC has a lot of fees for things. Example- have to pay for renting a venue space for reception, wedding packages are more expensive. We decided to go with Carnival because they are more flexible and willing to work with us. Honestly, I would say talk to them both, have them answer your questions, then talk to a travel agent. I can't comment on Celebrity or Princess, sorry.

Happy planning :D

• 8 months later...

Congratulations. Cruising is a great way to get married - I have just returned from my Wedding Cruise and it was great fun. I chose a cruise that combined our 2 home towns (Brisbane and Sydney) and a number of cruising options - 2 or 10 days - so the majority of family could be included.

Here is my experience with the Princess Wedding Planner in Australia -

We held our Wedding in Sydney while the Sea Princess was in port. We had too many family that couldn't cruise with us and they were not allowed on the ship this was our best option.

I spoke to the Wedding Planner on the phone about a year out from the Wedding and we discussed the options that would be available in detail eg which terminal (Sydney has 2), timings, receptions options etc. We realised we were paying a premium for the service but as I live in Queensland I was happy to do that for the contacts etc I thought Princess would have.

When I sent further questions or requests I did not get a response to any emails until I had sent a second one at lest a week later with the same questions and then I generally got " Our supplier is on holidays I will get back to you when I have an answer". When I tried to get answers about which lawn had been booked at the Botanic Gardens so I could send out Wedding Invitations with 3 months to go I got very vague answers and it was only then I was requested to fill in the contract and pay for the service.

When the plan for our Wedding Day was sent the planner had the ship docking at the wrong port and had planned everything that we had said we didn't want - reception at different area to ceremony

It was a this stage that I cancelled her services and arranged my own wedding from interstate (for half the price) and got what I wanted.

We did cruise with some of the guests and the Crew on the Ship could not have been more helpful. We spoke to the Head Waitstaff and organised our group to sit together each night.

Good luck with your planning.

• 1 month later...
i am getting married in 2020 And doing a cruise....however having a hard time deciding which one to do!?!? Any suggestions? We have a group of about 30 and would like to do a sit down dinner the day we get married. We are bringing our own photographer.

I am planning and October wedding on Princess. I can say that they will not confirm anything and you may get bad info from the planners' reception until you pay the fee for the wedding. I literally was a wits end with half-answers or incorrect answers until I cross-checked some details with Princess Cruises directly. Once I paid the fee, which you must pay up front, I was connected with a wonderful planner who has been patient, kind and informative. Some items MUST be coordinated by the on-ship wedding coordinator or closer to the sail date (don't start me on table decorations for dinner and how many tables we may or may not have). We are keeping our guest list small, choosing specialty dining for dinner, are rolling wine on board (yes, you will pay corkage but life is too short for a wedding with "meh" wine), and will be having someone make the flowers and cake topper. We have enjoyed Princess' level of service and know that we may not be able to control everything but that the line will do their best to make the experience a good one.