Allure Of The Seas Wedding! -- Planning HELP (maybe!?)

Hey Cruisers,

So I've got to say that I am THRILLED to announce that my partner and I are finally getting to "tie the knot!" (Ugh, I so hate that phrase.) But anyway, I have NEVER been on a cruise, and I've never been married... So all of this is a bit new to me! I've started this thread in hopes of getting guidance or advice from others who have had similar experiences with on-board weddings. Maybe the same ship/same venue!? But this is not only for me to get advice, but for a place others can refer back to in the future for wedding advice that might be specific to Allure Of The Seas!

We are currently booked in Dazzles for a June 2019 wedding, the second day of the cruise! (Sea Day!) However, the venue is MASSIVE!!! Like 75-100 people massive... And, its well... Just 5 of us going. So my first question is... Will that not make the ceremony seem a bit awkward?? Like this massive empty room for just a few people?! Has anyone here ever had, or know of someone who has had a smaller ceremony on-board?? How did it turn out?

I'm just going to start with that one question for now and as we progress through the planning I'll ask more questions as they come up! Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

~ Matt

• 10 months later...

Hi Matt, 

Congrats on the engagement/wedding! We are also booked for the Allure and Dazzles but on August 4, 2019. We have cruised on the Allure and thought it would be a great ship for some of our non-cruising guests to do their first cruise. 

In terms of how big it is, it might be "awkward" that there are only five people but the reality is that it's based on the camera angle. The room is long and a bit narrow (compared to non-cruise venues) and I personally think you'll be fine. The great thing about only having five guests is that you are able to better manage everything and less likely to have mix ups.

I am expecting guests being late, non-sailing ones to not find parking, people forgetting their IDs and making lists to make sure I remind everyone.

Have you found a hotel you can recommend for the day before you sail?

Happy planning!!!

Clara.-