Transportation help in Galvastan

eng4

This is our first time cruising out of Galvastan. Can you offer help with transportation and hotels? Trying to figure out how to get from Bush International to a hotel and from a hotel to cruise port. Any advice? It will be 4 adults. Miami was easier [emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are sailing out of Galveston May 26th. We're flying into IAH. I have booked a roundtrip transport for my wife and I using Galveston Express. I do not have the receipt in front of me, but I believe it was $30 per person each way. Well worth it in my opinion having driven through Houston on three prior cruises. Easy to book online or give them a call.

For our stay in Galveston, motels were priced way high. I am guessing Memorial Day weekend prices. Motel 6 was going to be $150. Instead, I checked AirBnB online. Found several options with great prices. Ended up choosing a stay at the Schafer Haus, which has its own website. Got a queen bed room for $80ish. They bring you champagne and bourbon at some point of the night and will transport you to the terminal which is close by.

Galveston now has Uber and Lyft which would also be an option for transport, but it sounds like our place will transfer for free as will some of the nicer hotels.

We just got back from Galveston, and took an Uber everywhere.

UberX from IAH to Galveston (Springhill Suites on Broadway) was $70 and took 1 hr 10 min

UberX from hotel to Galveston pier was $8

UberX from hotel to port was $16 (due to traffic and a quick stop at Target)

UberX from port to IAH was $85 and took 1 hour 20 min

I will say make sure you give yourself enough time when disembarking the ship to get to the airport. It took us 1.5 hours from when our number was called to leave the ship until we cleared customs. Then 15 minutes for Uber to get to us then almost another 1.5 drive to the airport.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this info. We're sailing in December from Galveston and we've never cruised from there. I'm happy to hear that Uber is still there. I'd read that Uber and Lyft had left the area.

We just got back from Galveston, and took an Uber everywhere.

UberX from IAH to Galveston (Springhill Suites on Broadway) was $70 and took 1 hr 10 min

UberX from hotel to Galveston pier was $8

UberX from hotel to port was $16 (due to traffic and a quick stop at Target)

UberX from port to IAH was $85 and took 1 hour 20 min

I will say make sure you give yourself enough time when disembarking the ship to get to the airport. It took us 1.5 hours from when our number was called to leave the ship until we cleared customs. Then 15 minutes for Uber to get to us then almost another 1.5 drive to the airport.