Princess Ruby Princess or Carnival Splendor

mielyse

We’ve sailed on both Carnival and Princess to Mexico and have sailed on both ships recently.

Have you sailed either before?

We’ve found Carnival to be livelier than Princess. Think Vegas to Palm Springs.

Carnival’s basic cabins are much larger than Princess’s.

Food is very subjective but we prefer Splendor’s especially after our last Ruby cruise a few months ago.

When are you going? During the low season the pax will be similar, during high season Carnival will have more kids and families.

Carnival’ Adult retreat is free but light in the amenities. Have to pay to use Princess’s Sanctuary. Have always been able to find quiet areas no matter how wild the other pax are (our wildest cruise was on Princess, seriously)

If you are a Spa person, the Splendor Spa is supposed to be the best in the Fleet. A Spa Cabin gets you Entry and there are limited number of Spa passes for the masses available.

For us, we’d sail on the Splendor but you should have a good time on either ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have sailed Splendor and Ruby three times each, most recently in Ruby in January to Mexico and Splendor in April to Mexico. Both are beautiful ships. I most enjoyed Splendor for three reasons: far superior lido restaurant offerings, the fun comedy club, and a thermal suite that is not only the best in the Carnival fleet, but also puts all the Princess thermal suites to shame. And if you select Splendor, you must try chefs table....stunning!!! (You can reserve it ahead of time online). Also, Splendor has an amazing port day breakfast and sea day brunch in the dining room. That said, Ruby has good shows, nice dance venues, good dinner in the dining room, and Share and Crown Grill offer good specialty dining, and it also has chefs table (which I didn't try). I recommend that you carefully examine itineraries before your final selection, as time in port can vary greatly. Let us know what you decide!

Edited by cvpends

• 2 weeks later...

I've sailed on both ships, and it would be a no-brainer for me: Ruby Princess. Every time. I really did enjoy the thermal suite on the Splendor, but I'd still give the Ruby the nod.