Hotels?

parttimr

We arrived back on the dream on Saturday the 17th. It is a 6 day cruise because the following cruise is the Eightheight-dayDay Thanksgiving Cruise:) let me see if I can find it under hot date..thank u

Yuck. Saturday night hotels are going to be more expensive.

Thank you I found it at 1:42 per night should I go ahead and book it or do you think I can get a better deal by waiting?

If you can get it do it because I saw it for that price and as soon as I clicked on it the price went to $220.

Saint Greg.. we decided to fly out on Saturday evening because airfare rates on Sunday were so much more expensive it just wasn't worth it. Any ideas of what to do in New Orleans with all of our luggage until about 3:30 p.m. when we can go to the airport? Also if you will be in town maybe we could all meet up for a drink?

Saint Greg.. we decided to fly out on Saturday evening because airfare rates on Sunday were so much more expensive it just wasn't worth it. Any ideas of what to do in New Orleans with all of our luggage until about 3:30 p.m. when we can go to the airport? Also if you will be in town maybe we could all meet up for a drink?

I won't be in until around 10am on Sunday...then I'll stay Sunday night and leave on Monday. I've never flown out of New Orleans so I've never had to use these services...

There's one at the port where you can pay $25 for 1 bag, $40 for 2 bags, and $15 for each additional bag and they will transfer them to the airport.

http://www.advancecheckin.com/services.html#3

Then there's another one that has several storage locations in New Orleans that stores bags for $6/day.

https://bagbnb.com/

I want to say I've also heard of people getting Hilton Riverside to store them even though they weren't staying there just by giving the bellman a nice tip.

S t Greg ..I cannot thank you enough for all of your knowledge and advice. I have one more question LOL. We have a couple coming with us that aren't able to do the 2 night minimum at the Omni. Looking at the hot rates which hotel would be close to the Royal Omni? Nov 10. Are there hot rates for anything nearby or the Four Points by Sheraton or the Monteleone possibly? I'm not sure what is around there or which hot rates go to which hotel thank you so much

S t Greg ..I cannot thank you enough for all of your knowledge and advice. I have one more question LOL. We have a couple coming with us that aren't able to do the 2 night minimum at the Omni. Looking at the hot rates which hotel would be close to the Royal Omni? Nov 10. Are there hot rates for anything nearby or the Four Points by Sheraton or the Monteleone possibly? I'm not sure what is around there or which hot rates go to which hotel thank you so much

I’d go for the 3.5* French Quarter-Bourbon Streeet with 85% recommendation for $170. Should be the Wyndham French Quarter..about 3 blocks away. On one of the cruise reviews I read this week someone got excellent pictures of the Dream coming in from their room at that hotel.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Saint Greg…hoping you can help me as well. We’ll be staying in New Orleans 10/27 to 10/28. We’re driving in so we’d like something not *too* far from the cruise port. I doubt we’ll do much sightseeing since we’re only there for one night, but hopefully we can walk around for a bit and have dinner somewhere without having to travel too far. We’re looking for 1 room for 2 adults. The prices I’ve seen seem pretty high for that weekend - I’m guessing because of the Voodoo Music Festival, which I just found out is happening at that same time. This is our first time in New Orleans so I have no idea what to look for as I'm not familiar with the different areas. Any suggestions?

Hi Saint Greg…hoping you can help me as well. We’ll be staying in New Orleans 10/27 to 10/28. We’re driving in so we’d like something not *too* far from the cruise port. I doubt we’ll do much sightseeing since we’re only there for one night, but hopefully we can walk around for a bit and have dinner somewhere without having to travel too far. We’re looking for 1 room for 2 adults. The prices I’ve seen seem pretty high for that weekend - I’m guessing because of the Voodoo Music Festival, which I just found out is happening at that same time. This is our first time in New Orleans so I have no idea what to look for as I'm not familiar with the different areas. Any suggestions?

That's always a tough weekend. I'll usually expand where I look for a weekend like that. If you go on a website called lastminutetravel, You can get Hotel Modern for $111 or B on Canal for $156. On Hotwire the 3* French Quarter-Bourbon Street is going to be the best price at $161. That should be the Royal St. Charles. Then there are a bunch of hotwire hotels around $200 for that night. Let me know if you want me to look at any of them..

That's always a tough weekend. I'll usually expand where I look for a weekend like that. If you go on a website called lastminutetravel, You can get Hotel Modern for $111 or B on Canal for $156. On Hotwire the 3* French Quarter-Bourbon Street is going to be the best price at $161. That should be the Royal St. Charles. Then there are a bunch of hotwire hotels around $200 for that night. Let me know if you want me to look at any of them..

Thank you! Have you stayed at the Royal St. Charles? It looks like a nice enough place for us to spend the night.

Thank you! Have you stayed at the Royal St. Charles? It looks like a nice enough place for us to spend the night.

Yeah it’s been awhile since I’ve stayed there. But I have a friend who is a fellow Saints season ticket holder who stays there every game. I like to go to their coffee shop sometimes even when I’m not staying there. Those seats looking out onto st. Charles street are a nice place to drink coffee and read the paper in the morning.

Yeah it’s been awhile since I’ve stayed there. But I have a friend who is a fellow Saints season ticket holder who stays there every game. I like to go to their coffee shop sometimes even when I’m not staying there. Those seats looking out onto st. Charles street are a nice place to drink coffee and read the paper in the morning.

Thanks for the info. :)

I see 2 hotels on Hotwire for $197 - one 4 star in the French Quarter - Mississippi River area and one 3.5 star in the Warehouse District. Any idea what those might be?

Thanks for the info. :)

I see 2 hotels on Hotwire for $197 - one 4 star in the French Quarter - Mississippi River area and one 3.5 star in the Warehouse District. Any idea what those might be?

The 4-Star - Omni Riverfront

The 3.5 Star - Embassy Suites

They're listed as different districts but they're like two blocks apart. Embassy has a great free breakfast that includes cooked to order omelets....and free drinks for a couple hours in the evening. I haven't stayed at Omni Riverfront but it looks really nice.

The 4-Star - Omni Riverfront

The 3.5 Star - Embassy Suites

They're listed as different districts but they're like two blocks apart. Embassy has a great free breakfast that includes cooked to order omelets....and free drinks for a couple hours in the evening. I haven't stayed at Omni Riverfront but it looks really nice.

Thank you so much! :)

I suggest you look for a website that offers "betterbidding" for Hotwire and Priceline. With just a little bit of investigation you can nail the Hotwire secret deals pretty easily. Unless you absolutely have to purchase a specific hotel you are wasting a lot of money by paying the full price. I always save $60-100 on New Orleans hotels and have guessed the Secret Hotel all 3 times

just got the Intercontinental in New Orleans for $115-$20(flash deal)=$95. The Flash Deal sometimes happens when you attempt to book a hotel but don't complete your reservation. They sometimes will send you back an offer for an extra discount. Regular rate at hotel website is $152

• 3 weeks later...

We are planning on arriving at the port the night before our cruise. My son is in a wheelchair so we would have to drop most of the party off at the hotel then take the car to fulton garage.

In the morning is there a hotel we could safely walk to the port? Would love to go thru hotwire as the prices are really good. Also want to a hotel close enough to fulton garage so it would be safe to walk/uber to the hotel.

Thanks so much,

Donna

We are planning on arriving at the port the night before our cruise. My son is in a wheelchair so we would have to drop most of the party off at the hotel then take the car to fulton garage.

In the morning is there a hotel we could safely walk to the port? Would love to go thru hotwire as the prices are really good. Also want to a hotel close enough to fulton garage so it would be safe to walk/uber to the hotel.

Thanks so much,

Donna

What night are you looking for?

Thanks so much,

Donna

The two I see that are good for walking to the port and Fulton currently on Hotwire would be the Hilton Riverside which is the 4* French Quarter Mississippi River with 90% recommendation for $100....or Embassy Suites which is the 3.5* all suites hotel with 85% recommendation in the Warehouse District for $102.

Hilton Riverside you can walk through the river walk mall. I have a thread on this with pictures and videos. In post #18 I did a wheelchair accessible route. Part 2 of that wheelchair accessible route would be the route you would take from embassy suites. Embassy suites has a great free breakfast in the morning and a couple hours of free drinks in the evening.

Here’s that thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2562162

Here’s a look at the layout

Hilton Riverside - Green

Embassy Suites - Blue

Fulton Garage - Red

Port - Yellow

11a070d8038e4a229d8b6e941e253749.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The two I see that are good for walking to the port and Fulton currently on Hotwire would be the Hilton Riverside which is the 4* French Quarter Mississippi River with 90% recommendation for $100....or Embassy Suites which is the 3.5* all suites hotel with 85% recommendation in the Warehouse District for $102.

Hilton Riverside you can walk through the river walk mall. I have a thread on this with pictures and videos. In post #18 I did a wheelchair accessible route. Part 2 of that wheelchair accessible route would be the route you would take from embassy suites. Embassy suites has a great free breakfast in the morning and a couple hours of free drinks in the evening.

Here’s that thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2562162

Here’s a look at the layout

Hilton Riverside - Green

Embassy Suites - Blue

Fulton Garage - Red

Port - Yellow

11a070d8038e4a229d8b6e941e253749.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it!

Donna

Just wanted to add another data point. I am also a pretty loyal Hotwire person, but this deal on Priceline was too good to miss.

March 23-24, 2019 (1 night)

3* Convention Center Warehouse-Arts District $87

Free internet, breakfast, business center, fitness center, non smoking, pets allowed, swimming pool

8+ rating, 300 verified guest reviews

I got the Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown. Considering the whole town is around $200 and up that night, and the last time we cruised out of NOLA on Spring Break, the hotels just went up and up, it was so worth it for me to book this now!