El Cid Marina Beach club in Mazetlan day pass question

cruisenurse1

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response. I called the beach resort, the lady told me it was $70 per adult for the day? I don't want to get asked to leave, I don't eat very much and we don't drink alcohol. So I am not sure what we need to do. Thank you

Jeanine

Mexican Riviera cruises port mid week (slow time for resorts), thus almost all are extremely welcoming to the drink ordering (followed by a generous tipping) typical cruiser. The El Cid El Morro Beach is one of the most friendly and welcoming. Sure, if you walk up with a wad of cash to the front desk, they will kindly accept as much as possible.

Suggest you pay the $8 one way fare on a delightful open air pulmonia taxi, walk right in like you own the palce, select a seating location of your liking, spend $20 on cool drinks and tips, take a walk on the beach and purchase a $2 shrimp taco from a nearby kind vendor, have a delightful experience, or pay $70 pp for a marginal all you can eat/drink experience with a "feel included" wrist band and have a lesser experience.

In the most unlikely event that a very unusual aggressive El Cid El Morro Beach employee suggests you pay a day use fee, respond with this statement => "My family church is thinking of buying a time share in Mazatlan, and they asked us to visit the resorts... I like this one, but if we are not welcome to try this resort out, we will leave ".

Family. Church and welcoming are Mexican life's definition, thus => end of very unusual aggressive El Cid El Morro Beach employee experience.

Talk softly, act politely, give respect, tip generously with newer crisp $1 bills = win in Mexico.

Oops, Oops, Oops

El Cid has several resorts, the small El Cid Marina resort is different from the giant El Cid El Morro Beach resort. The El Cid Marina is a much smaller resort that fronts the small artificial harbor entrance. The ocean beach area of this marina club is accessed by a very short water taxi ride, and this area of ocean beach has very little vendor or nearby eatery activity.. This small marina resort is typically very quiet, thus would be preferred by the cruiser seeking an extremely solitary experience. The ocean beach area of this marina resort often hosts the cruise ship beach tours, catering to the "cruise tour only" beach privacy and safety experience. Because of cruise tour security, the Marina resort would very likely limit access to this beach area to registered hotel guests (or wrist banded day use guests).

Alternately, the El Cid El Morro Beach is a giant beach front resort, and the resort suggested for cruise passengers seeking an affordable "pay as you go" interesting welcoming resort experience with plenty to see and do.

Because of the likely cruise ship tour at the El Cid Marina beach area, it is not suggested that you select the El Cid Marina for an independent affordable day use experience. There are dozens of fine quiet resorts that would provide a similar quiet experience without the cruise tour "stay away" security issue. It would even seem that the El Cid Marina would not allow a $70 paying day use visitor to enjoy the cruise passenger assigned beach area seating, as the cruise line frowns on cruise passengers "sneaking in" joining a higher paying tour experience, thus your assigned beach area seating would likely be away from the cruise passengers. But if ya really got your sights set on trying to join in a cruise tour beach day experience, pay the $70 and go for it.

bottom line, better to visit the giant El Cid El Morro Beach resort and not mess with trying (and likely failing) to join your cruise line beach day tour at the El Cid Marina resort.