galveston hotel

kynickie

Harbor House is really close to the cruise terminal. Not sure about parking. It’s within walking distance. The cruise ships go past Harbor House docking at the terminal. I guess you can contact them and ask. EZ Cruise parking is across from the terminal and then there’s cruise parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the replies. I don't know who sent the pre cruise stay list of hotels but that was exactly what I was looking for. There were three that had free parking and free shuttles to and from the port. Will be cruising in less than 2 weeks thanks a bunch. Kynickie

So, if we stay Harbor House we can walk to the ship? It would be nice to save on a taxi.

What will you pay for the hotel room at the Harbor House? You might be able to stay somewhere else for less money even paying the approximately $15 for a taxi.

I’d like to stay somewhere where things (restaurants etc) are within walking distance, as we don’t want to deal with transportation. Plan on getting in Thursday before a Saturday cruise, just to spend a little time there. Any suggestions?

So, if we stay Harbor House we can walk to the ship? It would be nice to save on a taxi.

We have stayed at Harbor House twice and loved it. It is not inexpensive but you pay for the location and we fly into Houston and take a car to Galveston. Walking into the port area might be an issue due to the security issues but they have a shuttle. The location is great for the day before because they have a great port front restaurant/bar and their are several other with in walking distance that are great.

Harbor House seems pretty reasonable with a $119/night rack rate for our travel dates (November).

When you say it's within walking distance, how much of a walking distance? We're travelling with two old people (me and my husband) with no mobility issues (just old) and two small children.

When you say it's within walking distance, how much of a walking distance? We're travelling with two old people (me and my husband) with no mobility issues (just old) and two small children.

According to Google it's a 1/2 mile walk to the Royal Caribbean terminal. It will be a little closer if your sailing out of the Carnival terminal.

According to Google it's a 1/2 mile walk to the Royal Caribbean terminal. It will be a little closer if your sailing out of the Carnival terminal.

Ooo, thanks. We're cruising Disney so I'm guessing it would be same-ish. First time sailing out of Galveston.

• 1 month later...
Ooo, thanks. We're cruising Disney so I'm guessing it would be same-ish. First time sailing out of Galveston.

If you stay at the Harbour House take the shuttle. On cruise days the traffic is really heavy and a lot of the drivers are unfamiliar with the area. You don’t want to schlep luggage and two kids 1/2 mile in that environment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone tell me which hotels are closest to the port in Galveston.

Can I leave my car while i cruise for no charge

Do they have a shuttle to the port?

thanks Kynickie

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and enjoyed it very much. However, they no longer offer a shuttle to the pier. As another posted said, the Harbor House and the Tremont are well-positioned if you want to walk. We also found great parking immediately across the street from the pier if that helps you save some money on a hotel further away or that doesn't offer it's own parking.