Las Caletas

lamo0050

If you have done this excursion, did you book with the cruise line or with Vallarta Adventures? Vallarta Adventures offers 15% off when you book online which saves our family of 4 a good amount of money! However, when you check out it suggests booking with your cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been going to Las Calletas for years while cruising, and it has never been possible to book directly with them when the cruise ships are in port. 15% is most likely for those tourists who are already in PV on land vacations already and who wish to go on non -cruise ship days, hence, the reason for the discount.

We rarely book cruise ship excursions, but we have to when it comes to Las Calletas. In fact, last time the entire excursion was already sold out even six months before our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've been going to Las Calletas for years while cruising, and it has never been possible to book directly with them when the cruise ships are in port. 15% is most likely for those tourists who are already in PV on land vacations and wish to go on non -cruise ship days, hence, the reason for the discount.

Hmmm..... There is an option to book with them on the day we are there at 9:30 from the Maritime Terminal. We are scheduled to be in port from 9:00 - 6:00. Do you think that will work? I am planning quite a bit ahead so maybe that is why it is still available??

As long as I can remember and all my cruises to Mexico, you aren't able to book directly for Las Caletas.

If you complete your order on-line, prior to the payment, this is the message that appears at the bottom of the page of Vallarta Adventures.

Now whether you can still do it or not, I don't know.

To all guests visiting us via cruise ships:

As the principal shore excursion operator for the cruise lines in Puerto Vallarta, it’s extremely likely that Vallarta Adventures will be operating your tour. We strongly recommend that​ any shore excursion reservation is made directly with your cruise line, and suggest you sign up early as the most popular tours sell out quickly!

Hmmm..... There is an option to book with them on the day we are there at 9:30 from the Maritime Terminal. We are scheduled to be in port from 9:00 - 6:00. Do you think that will work? I am planning quite a bit ahead so maybe that is why it is still available??

You will not be able to secure a spot with them directly since the ENTIRE catamaran will be comprised of ship,s passengers. You might have a combo of Carnival and Princess passengers, or any other cruise line that calls on PV, but that catamaran is chartered to the cruise lines. I've been going to Las Caletas for 15 years, and this has always been the case.

As stated before, the discount would be for the days that cruise ships don't call in PV, so they have to work a little harder to fill the catamaran.

At any rate, Las Caletas is very enjoyable. If you can't get on that tour for some reason, another very good tour with the same company is the snorkel and Yelapa tour. They took us to a beautiful little cove

For snorkeling and then on to Yelapa. Google Yelapa and you will see what I mean. Very charming village.

Not sure why Ine hasn't responded to this thread (maybe she is traveling) so we will take a shot. Las Caletas is a private facility leased to Vallarta Adventures. Vallarta Adventures has contracts with nearly all the cruise lines to provide tours (day and night) to their excellent facility (we have been there and it is truly an well managed place). Keep in mind that when you book a cruise excursion, the local tour operator (Vallarta Adventures) must make a profit, the cruise line's excursion company (often a third party company that runs the tour operations onboard) must make a profit, and the cruise line also must get a percentage of sales. So, you are dealing with 2 "middlemen" when you book a cruise excursion.

Vallarta Adventures also sells Las Caletas Tours (for both day and night) to those of us who live in...or simply visit Puerto Vallarta. We can purchase those tours through local "middlemen" who are located all over PV. We can also purchase those tours directly from Vallarta Adventures online...or on the phone. And yes, we can often get some type of discount and pay a lower price then you will pay on a cruise (what else is new). As part of their contracts with the cruise lines. Vallarta Adventures does not knowingly sell directly to cruisers. In fact, when we book with them (we live in PV a few months a year) we must provide a local address and phone number. And finally cruisers need to factor in that they need to be back aboard their ship by a certain time....or will miss their ship. Vallarta Adventures guarantees that you will be back on time...when you book your excursion through the ship. If there was any kind of delay they would simply notify the ship who would wait for the tour to return. But if you go on your own and there was some kind of delay...you will have to swim to your next port :).

Hank

Not sure why Ine hasn't responded to this thread (maybe she is traveling) so we will take a shot.

Hank

LOL.... I didnot see this, not traveling but enjoying the pleasant weather in The Netherlands and busy with plans for our Koningsdam cruise.

Thanks so much everyone! Booked through the cruise line today! Super excited!

Good decision! You won't be sorry :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

So I really wanted to do this too, and it doesn't appear to be for sale in our ship excursions? I see there is an 8am availability through Vallarta Adventures. We are in port 8-8...think we can book the 8am at them Maritime Terminal? We do have FTTF if that makes any difference?

Thanks!

So I really wanted to do this too, and it doesn't appear to be for sale in our ship excursions? I see there is an 8am availability through Vallarta Adventures. We are in port 8-8...think we can book the 8am at them Maritime Terminal? We do have FTTF if that makes any difference?

Thanks!

I,,,

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Las Calletas hideaway

Sounds fab but would you say more if have kids ?

Other option is paradise beach (Hyatt ziva)

Thanks

It is a great option for a family. Just keep in mind that you will be taken directly from the port to Las Caletas on a boat and later return to the port via a boat. The downside is that you would not get to experience any of Puerto Vallarta other then this remote facility. But everything about Las Caletas is good and Vallarta Adventures does a terrific job maintaining and staffing this leased private property.

Hank

We are only going to be in port 7am to 2:30pm It doesn't seem like it would be worth the cost if we have to leave the island to be back to the ship by 2. Anyone done a short excursion there?

I doubt if this excursion will be offered by the cruiseline concerning indeed the short time you have in Vallarta.

In general this excursion doesnot start that early and also doesnot return that early.

If not take a bus or cab into town, walk the Malecon, have a drink or bite in one of the restaurants at Playa los Muertos and have a great time in this way.