Help! So what do you do on great stirrup cay?

Lilyflor1

hi everyone! My cruise will stop at their private island great stirup cay. I was wondering what is there to do there if I'm not booking any excursions? Can I rent a chair by the beach etc? What is some of the things anyone has done? I'm going with my 17 yr daughter and my mom. Is our first time on a cruise too. Thanks in advance for the help.

It's a beach day. Your drink package will work on the island and food is complimentary. They do not charge for beach chairs, either. Just enjoy the beach, you won't have to spend a dime unless you want to rent a water toy and they may rent umbrellas, but you can find chairs under a tree for shade as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Beach chairs are plentiful, but shade is not. A large umbrella cost us $30 this past week, and was well worth it. It shaded 3 recliners. They set it up for you.

Bring towels from the ship.

Area nearest dock is busiest, and closer to the buffet. We took the tram to the south beach which had fewer people, but was farther from the food, so instead we enjoyed hot dogs and the Bahamas version of funnel cakes available nearby. Clean restrooms, bar, hammocks, umbrella and raft rental, etc. are close.

Very relaxing beach day.

hi everyone! My cruise will stop at their private island great stirup cay. I was wondering what is there to do there if I'm not booking any excursions? Can I rent a chair by the beach etc? What is some of the things anyone has done? I'm going with my 17 yr daughter and my mom. Is our first time on a cruise too. Thanks in advance for the help.

Coincidentally I am wearing my Great Stirrup Cay tee shirt as I type this .

We just relaxed on the beach

We went on an early tender over and chairs under palm trees were plentiful. But really, I agree, $30 for an umbrella is a minor cost considering food is complimentary and if you have the drink package, so is drinks.

Do you have to reserve an umbrella and rental floats in advance or do you just find a spot and then go to the stand? We have not been there in several years and last time we had to book the clamshell on board. Thanks for the help.

Do you have to reserve an umbrella and rental floats in advance or do you just find a spot and then go to the stand? We have not been there in several years and last time we had to book the clamshell on board. Thanks for the help.

Clamshell no idea, but umbrellas they just bring to whatever chair you find.

We rented snorkeling equipment and just enjoyed the ocean. The beach area was crowded, so we spent most of our time snorkeling or swimming. We had the included BBQ and then hiked over to the other side of the island to eat. It was such a nice day!

• 2 months later...