Lunch Suggestions in Naval Dockyard

Irish Eyes Are Sailing

Frog and Onion is a decent spot.

http://frogandonion.bm/

Contrary to what the previous poster said, many people consider the National Museum of Bermuda, which is located in the Dockyard, as being worth a visit.

https://nmb.bm/

I agree, the Museum was very interesting and so was the glass blowing and pottery shop. After touring the Frog and Onion hit the spot. :)

Contrary to what the previous poster said, many people consider the National Museum of Bermuda, which is located in the Dockyard, as being worth a visit.

https://nmb.bm/

It is worth a visit. What we did a couple of times when docked in Hamilton was take the ferry over to the Dockyard in the morning. Spend a little time there then took the ferry to St. George’s for the afternoon. We returned to Hamilton on the bus or a taxi from St. George’s. Stopped off at the Swizzle Inn on the return bus or taxi on the way back to Hamilton.

We've tried a couple restaurants in Dockyard over the years we've been docking there. It was very expensive and not nearly as good as the food on the ship that we already paid for. Or the free drinks. We can eat at places like Frog and Onion at home. But many of the passengers love it there. And they love to go on the ferry that was converted to a pirate ship that docks there. Calico Jack's. They play loud music and people drink and dance on the deck. They can jump off and swim also I believe. But when we go in early May we never see much swimming. Matter of fact we saw it sail off into the horizon last May when we were there but it was back in the morning.

We always see that the restaurants are packed with passengers. Especially when two giant ships are in.

Have fun! So excited to return soon.

• 2 months later...
We had lunch at the Anchor Restaurant in the Dockyard and enjoyed it. We also got drinks at Frog & Onion.

May I ask, what were the price of the drinks in Frog & Onion?

And if anyone knows, The Bone Fish Grill also. Thanks

Frog & Onion is quite pricey, for a party of 4 it cost us almost 100 for lunch, this included only 1 alcoholic drink. We usually will eat on the ship, and get ice cream in the dockyard. if we are going away from dockyard, we eat a big breakfast and just get a snack and eat when we are back on the ship

Here are links to their web sites. Both of them have their menus. Frog and Onion has their drink prices. Bone Fish does not but their prices are similar to Frog and Onion.

http://www.frogandonion.bm/

http://www.bonefishbermuda.com/

Frog & Onion is quite pricey, for a party of 4 it cost us almost 100 for lunch, this included only 1 alcoholic drink. We usually will eat on the ship, and get ice cream in the dockyard. if we are going away from dockyard, we eat a big breakfast and just get a snack and eat when we are back on the ship

Bermuda is an expensive destination. Being a small island in the Atlantic most everything is shipped in. I always eat lunch at a local establishment. It is only a few days we are there. It does not have to be a big lunch. Sometimes only local fish chowder or fish sandwich. Dinner usually on the ship. Then off the ship and probably a beer or Dark and Stormy. Drink prices are about the same as in my neighborhood but I do live in a pricey area.

A short cab ride away from Dockyard is the village of Somerset, which has world famous Woody’s Restaurant. It is not very expensive. I got delicious roasted chicken there, I think it may have been Jamaican jerk seasoned, but they are famous for their wahoo sandwich (a local white fish). It is fresh off the boat, and it is served on raisin bread. Next time for sure I am trying that! It is quite near the world’s smallest drawbridge and some of the historical sites you may be interested in, a cemetery and little chapel, sea glass beach, too. Check them out on Trip Advisor or here on CC, everyone loves that place!

Thanks all, but I only wanted the prices of the drinks.

We"re usually not even hungry because of all the food on the ship.

Frog and Onion is showing $12.00 for cocktails. That's high even for NY.

I know that's probably the norm for Bermuda, just not sure I want to pay it.

A short cab ride away from Dockyard is the village of Somerset, which has world famous Woody’s Restaurant. It is not very expensive. I got delicious roasted chicken there, I think it may have been Jamaican jerk seasoned, but they are famous for their wahoo sandwich (a local white fish). It is fresh off the boat, and it is served on raisin bread. Next time for sure I am trying that! It is quite near the world’s smallest drawbridge and some of the historical sites you may be interested in, a cemetery and little chapel, sea glass beach, too. Check them out on Trip Advisor or here on CC, everyone loves that place!

Three years ago I went to a restaurant walking distance from the Dockyard that had a really good fish sandwich on raisin bread but last year when I went back the restaurant had changed. (Oooh! I just Googled it and found it. It was Freeport Seafood Restaurant now Anchor Restaurant). I tried going to Art Mel's in Hamilton but never made it there. I've passed Woody's several times. I will definitely try to stop in next week. I've been craving that fish sandwich. It was so good. And to think, I thought that the raisin bread sounded crazy.

Three years ago I went to a restaurant walking distance from the Dockyard that had a really good fish sandwich on raisin bread but last year when I went back the restaurant had changed. (Oooh! I just Googled it and found it. It was Freeport Seafood Restaurant now Anchor Restaurant). I tried going to Art Mel's in Hamilton but never made it there. I've passed Woody's several times. I will definitely try to stop in next week. I've been craving that fish sandwich. It was so good. And to think, I thought that the raisin bread sounded crazy.

Hubby and I split the fish sandwich at Anchor on our server's recommendation. It was SO GOOD I still dream about it!

• 3 weeks later...

A+ to both. The Frog & Onion is great for lunch or dinner, we always go at least once. The make a fresh soft pretzel with beer cheese appetizer that’s very good. And. For anyone who like historical things the National Museum is also a gold stop. You also get onto of the hill for great pictures of the ship and when you leave it connected to the dolphin swim so you can watch the dolphins for a few minutes.

• 1 month later...
Thanks all, but I only wanted the prices of the drinks.

We"re usually not even hungry because of all the food on the ship.

Frog and Onion is showing $12.00 for cocktails. That's high even for NY.

I know that's probably the norm for Bermuda, just not sure I want to pay it.

FYI -- in the Tampa, FL area where we live, we routinely encounter cocktails that are $12 or $14. And when we cruise, that is not at all off base in some ports -- we paid almost $15 for cocktails on our last trip to Georgetown, Grand Cayman. ;)