the 2018 Summer Ferry Schedule is .....

SailBadtheSinner

I would say if you’ve never been, you should go once. We were there when they kicked off the World Triathlon with Flora Duffy. The Gumbey Dancers are a nice cultural experience. It’s really a one and done experience in my opinion. We enjoyed it, but given the logistics of transportation, we wouldn’t go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree it is worth going once to Harbour Nights to see the Gombey dancers but also to check out the local artists who have tables. I also agree it is pretty much a one and done experience. If the current logistical issues continue while am usually against cruise line excursions in Bermuda, if your cruise line does it’s own boat excursion that might be the best way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
So there are no ferry options from the Dockyard to St. George's on a Saturday? Are there private ferry operators?

There is no public or private ferry service from the Dockyard to St. George’s on Saturday.

There is no public or private ferry service from the Dockyard to St. George's on Sunday.

There is no public or private ferry service from the Dockyard to St. George’s on Saturday.

There is no public or private ferry service from the Dockyard to St. George's on Sunday.

Thank you.

So there are no ferry options from the Dockyard to St. George's on a Saturday? Are there private ferry operators?

If you are on NCL they might be running theirs. It only runs when their ships are in port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are on NCL they might be running theirs. It only runs when their ships are in port.

The NCL ferry does not run on weekends.

SBtS

We are arriving on Anthem on a Saturday. I'm more concerned about time than money so cab looks like our best bet. Departure time is 4pm. Can anyone comment about what traffic might be like as potentially 4000 people are returning to the port, all by the same road around the same time. When would we need to leave St. George's?

We are arriving on Anthem on a Saturday. I'm more concerned about time than money so cab looks like our best bet. Departure time is 4pm. Can anyone comment about what traffic might be like as potentially 4000 people are returning to the port, all by the same road around the same time. When would we need to leave St. George's?

It will take about an hour each way by taxi. St. George is all the way on the other end so I being somewhat conservative would leave no later than 1:00 pm if it were me. I would not worry about traffic unless it is a holiday weekend. What is your date? I would worry more about a road accident or something like that blocking the road or a marathon.

Edited by Charles4515

It will take about an hour each way by taxi. St. George is all the way on the other end so I being somewhat conservative would leave no later than 1:00 pm if it were me. I would not worry about traffic unless it is a holiday weekend. What is your date? I would worry more about a road accident or something like that blocking the road or a marathon.

June 2. I am definitely concerned about any unforseen delays.

June 2. I am definitely concerned about any unforseen delays.

Not a Bermudian holiday weekend. So I would go with the hour time barring an unforeseen delay, i.e a road incident. If your ship leaves at 4:00 then all aboard is probably 3:30. That is a guess as I have not read any mention of what Anthem's all aboard time has been this cruise season. What time you leave St. George’s depends on your comfort level.

SBtS - You used to have a very long list of things to do in Bermuda. Last saw it around 2012. I did a search and it only goes back to 2016.

I searched your posts and of the 40 pages I did some looking but not finding it.

By chance could you provide a link?

Thanks much.

SBtS - You used to have a very long list of things to do in Bermuda. Last saw it around 2012. I did a search and it only goes back to 2016.

I searched your posts and of the 40 pages I did some looking but not finding it.

By chance could you provide a link?

Thanks much.

I though I had saved a link but can not find it. So here is the list, but last update was the spring of 2017. If you find a broken link or a link that is not correct, please post back.

Along the South Shore about 30 minutes from Hamilton and 30 minutes from the Dockyard:

• go to the beach, most popular -
    (#7);
  • walk the beach  path that connects 5 beaches, start at Warwick Bay, and end at Horseshoe Bay because HSB has complete facilities (Thx to mbr Charles4515) (#7);
  • go horseback riding on trails (#8);
  • climb a lighthouse - Gibbs L/H (#7),
  • off the beach snorkeling at
    (not protected), near Horseshoe Bay;
  • get a day pass for a private beach resort (#7).

Hamilton, at or nearby:

At or near St George or convenient to when visiting there:

At or near the Dockyard:

Close to the Dockyard but not within walking distance:

Not close to any of the above, but somewhat close to each other:

The number (##) following some of the attractions is the bus route that the attraction is closest to.

If you know of something that could be added to the list, please post back.

SBtS

Thanks SBtS a ton.

We need to get the kids asap figuring out what they want to do. I have a plan similar to last time as backup. DS's family booked last week so trying to get their input as well.

Thanks SBtS a ton.

We need to get the kids asap figuring out what they want to do. I have a plan similar to last time as backup. DS's family booked last week so trying to get their input as well.

:) Do try the Admiralty House park cliff jumping :evilsmile:

( video #4 )

Hi SBtS,

Sounds like you really know your way around. We will be on NCL in Aug. can you tell me if we can use buses or would you recommend taxis around Hamilton. This is the plan for Mon. Aug. 27th.

Early ferry 9:30 to Hamilton.

Find the bus route to Crow Lane for the Ocean Centre (before we get there) visit about 3-4 hours with the train tour.

Take a bus to BAMZ been to the Zoo several times but our grandson was only there once 3 years ago.

Have lunch or snacks in between then head back to the Dockyard at or just after dinner time (5-6).

Just need to figure out if tracking down bus routes/schedules is more trouble than it's worth if taxis from ferry to Centre then Centre to Zoo then back to ferry would be a better option. I know it is a lot in one day, but not worries about getting back to ship on time. Originally was going to St. George first then the Centre, but somebody pointed out the time needed wouldn't work so switched to Zoo instead.

Thanks so very much for your input, Laura

:) Do try the Admiralty House park cliff jumping :evilsmile:

( video #4 )

Thanks BAS for the link. The 2 teen boys would probably like that.

I was hoping for a private tour with the Dunkley's as we used to do business with their Dairy. Met the non-governor brother a couple times as well - very nice guy.

No Dawn trip picked out yet?

Thanks BAS for the link. The 2 teen boys would probably like that.

I was hoping for a private tour with the Dunkley's as we used to do business with their Dairy. Met the non-governor brother a couple times as well - very nice guy.

No Dawn trip picked out yet?

Got a 14 day booked in Oct. but will proablely cancel.

Early ferry 9:30 to Hamilton.

Find the bus route to Crow Lane for the Ocean Centre (before we get there) visit about 3-4 hours with the train tour.

Bus routes in Hamiltion are not routed from the ferry terminal to BUEI (Ocean Discovery Centre). Coming into Hamiltion there is a bus stop, like coming from the Aquarium, drop off only, but not in the outbound direction. Bus stops on Front Street are drop off only, they don't pick up. Outbound bus routes start at the bus station on Church St. Front Street is a one way street. From the ferry terminal you can walk. Say about 15 minutes. Or take a taxi which would have to make a loop because as I mentioned Front Street is one way. I think you might be able to pick up the Blue Train at the Hamiltion Ferry Terminal. I have seen it stopped there. You might inquire if they will pick you up there.

Edited by Charles4515

Bus routes in Hamiltion are not routed from the ferry terminal to BUEI (Ocean Discovery Centre). Coming into Hamiltion there is a bus stop, like coming from the Aquarium, drop off only, but not in the outbound direction. Bus stops on Front Street are drop off only, they don't pick up. Outbound bus routes start at the bus station on Church St. Front Street is a one way street. From the ferry terminal you can walk. Say about 15 minutes. Or take a taxi which would have to make a loop because as I mentioned Front Street is one way. I think you might be able to pick up the Blue Train at the Hamiltion Ferry Terminal. I have seen it stopped there. You might inquire if they will pick you up there.

Thanks I will check with them about this option if they drop off at the Centre that would work out great. Then taxi to the BAMZ. Then back to the terminal for a ferry back. If we aren't taking buses on Monday will just grab ferry tickets to & from not an all day pass.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please clarify if there is a Blue route ferry that leaves the Dockyard at 10:00 AM? The Ferry schedule shows 10:00 AM in the "Leave Dockyard" column but there is a dash ("-") in the "Arrive Hamilton" column???

Could someone please clarify if there is a Blue route ferry that leaves the Dockyard at 10:00 AM? The Ferry schedule shows 10:00 AM in the "Leave Dockyard" column but there is a dash ("-") in the "Arrive Hamilton" column???

Yes, there is a ferry that departs the Dockyard at 10AM. I believe that the "-" for arriving in Hamilton is a misprint; there should be a time there. A different ferry departs Hamilton at 10:30AM.

If I am wrong on any of this, someone will correct me. So keep your eye on this thread.

SBtS