Bermuda Heroes Weekend

sailor05

It appears as if this will be going on Saturday June 16th while we are there. Is this in any way going to affect our time there? I'm envisioning one giant island party and at least interfering with transportation. We have a tour scheduled and have a lot to see and don't want to be stuck in traffic a lot as a result of this event. Anyone ever been there and can give any insight into this?

I was curious about this as well! I found some information on the festival website bernudaheroesweekend dot com

There is a list of events and their locations under the events tab so you can see where to avoid or where to go if if you want to take part in the festivities.

I was there last year on that date (didn't realize until I'd gotten to Hamilton and everything was closed).

The buses ran, the caves were open (that's where I was headed that day, anyway), but all the shops were closed. I believe some museums are open.

I'm sure your tour guide can navigate around any holiday event traffic. On the bus route between Hamilton and St. George I remember people parked on the side of the road walking towards some festivity or other, but it didn't really seem to impede traffic on that main road. For most of the 90 minutes I spent on buses that day I didn't see much of anything going on, which makes sense when people have a day off.

There was absolutely nothing going on at the dock areas in either St. George or Hamilton when I was either coming or going (mid morning, early afternoon).