Good Feet Insoles...do they work?

janny444

My personal opinion is that if you NEED them, then you should be able to get proper orthotic insoles on the NHS as I did. I'm also a great fan of Vionic shoes and trainers.

• Like 1

My personal opinion is that if you NEED them, then you should be able to get proper orthotic insoles on the NHS as I did. I'm also a great fan of Vionic shoes and trainers.
My wife did this, even having special shoes made and they were a big waste of time. These insoles have been amazing and changed her walking habits for the better by a 100% or more.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Well the NHS postcode lottery comes into play here. As stated above I underwent X rays etc to get to the bottom of my problems. All I was offered were pain killers. No mention of orthotics on NHS.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Forums mobile app

This year I bought myself a pair of Skechers trainers - oh the comfort and the joy of walking around town without pain! I have wide feet, bunions etc.

I absolutely love Skechers. Wouldn't be without them, as my 14 pair collection will testify

Unfortunately Sketchers, FitFlops or the majority of shoe brands don't come in my size.

Unlike the Good Feet insoles which did, and fitted perfectly. I don't recognise what a previous poster said about only coming in small, medium and large.

Yep, that was me..... mine were definitely 'Medium' .It was 4 years ago though.

I bought a pair 3 years ago and was sceptical. I only got them because I could use most of my onboard spend to purchase th3m. They should have been £127. I have fallen arches and also osteoarthritis in my back. But.... I am still using th3m and have found they have really helped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had heel issues and was limping badly when the Spa therapist said I should go and see the trainer in the Gym about 'Good Feet'. I am a sceptical sort, so pushed the the Good Feet consultant on Britannia to agreed with me that if my heel was still hurting at the end of the cruise he would refund me. My Husband was having an issue with syatica and his knees are not always painless, or strong, he has to wear supports when playing walking football. On the back of the confidence of the gym trainer we brought two pairs, each. We were on Britannia in March and neither of us have worn shoes without them since and its almost July. They are, for us, amazing. I no longer limp first thing in the morning or have any pain in my feet at all now. I can shop all day and not have foot ache. Hubby has not had a flair up of the syatica and says his knees are stronger, he certainly gets up with more ease from chairs now. For us they are worth every penny, life changing difference for me.

I had heel issues and was limping badly when the Spa therapist said I should go and see the trainer in the Gym about 'Good Feet'. I am a sceptical sort, so pushed the the Good Feet consultant on Britannia to agreed with me that if my heel was still hurting at the end of the cruise he would refund me. My Husband was having an issue with syatica and his knees are not always painless, or strong, he has to wear supports when playing walking football. On the back of the confidence of the gym trainer we brought two pairs, each. We were on Britannia in March and neither of us have worn shoes without them since and its almost July. They are, for us, amazing. I no longer limp first thing in the morning or have any pain in my feet at all now. I can shop all day and not have foot ache. Hubby has not had a flair up of the syatica and says his knees are stronger, he certainly gets up with more ease from chairs now. For us they are worth every penny, life changing difference for me.

I think the back and forth discussion on if they work or not depends on the genesis of the pain or issues being experienced. Many people don't know what is causing their issues. The good feet worked for me and I've had custom made orthotics that cost me $600 twice (USA so not covered by insurance). I have genetic flat feet or low arches plus a small spinal curve (scoliosis.) which makes my left hip higher than my right... strain on my back and the curve is high enough on my spine to impact my right and left lung.

Ramona

I had heel issues and was limping badly when the Spa therapist said I should go and see the trainer in the Gym about 'Good Feet'. I am a sceptical sort, so pushed the the Good Feet consultant on Britannia to agreed with me that if my heel was still hurting at the end of the cruise he would refund me. My Husband was having an issue with syatica and his knees are not always painless, or strong, he has to wear supports when playing walking football. On the back of the confidence of the gym trainer we brought two pairs, each. We were on Britannia in March and neither of us have worn shoes without them since and its almost July. They are, for us, amazing. I no longer limp first thing in the morning or have any pain in my feet at all now. I can shop all day and not have foot ache. Hubby has not had a flair up of the syatica and says his knees are stronger, he certainly gets up with more ease from chairs now. For us they are worth every penny, life changing difference for me.[/quote

:D

As I've said above, the only way to see if they work for you is to try them and see. Buy them early in the cruise then if they don't help you can return them and get a refund before leaving the ship.

• 7 months later...

Just returned from a Celebrity Cruise and bought the Foot Doctor insoles from Canada. I was very impressed with the 2 hour long seminar and evaluation done by the Canyon Ranch Spa expert. She definitely knew her stuff. As far as commissions go, I am sure she made some money. At $110 it was an investment that I did not regret until my Achilles Tendonitis flared about 5 days later. Now I am home and it is worse. I contacted the Spa here in Tuscon and they have accepted a return for them. Again I was impressed but not working for me.

• 2 weeks later...

It really is a good idea to buy these things at the beginning of your cruise, so that you can try them and see if they work for you. As you can see from the posts above, some people have found them excellent whereas some people like me did not.

Changing the way I was walking caused other problems. Obviously I should have contacted a proper professional before splashing out quite a bit of money rather than following a Spa sales demonstration.

I am not usually so gullible, but fell for the 'Lifetime Guarantee'  to ' just take it back to your local store if not right '. This Guarantee proved useless as the 'local' store was Belfast (!!!) and you couldn't get your money back just a replacement product! I did make a formal complaint about this guarantee issue and I think they have stopped saying that now.

Also, the insert was the 'Medium' size, so not even geared to my shoe size for all that.

Edited by Scriv

Hi....there certainly has been mixed response to my original question and in the end decided against the insoles but changed over to a different make of footwear....Meindl....wow....the difference is unbelievable. I can now walk considerably further without the same pain/discomfort...".German " engineering" at its best

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

We just got home from a cruise on the Sky Princess. I have prescription orthotics but my feet still hurt. I bought a pair of the Good Feet SL4000 inserts and wore them for the entire week long cruise. I love them! I went back and bought a second pair before we left the ship.Price of 2 pairs was still cheaper than my custom insoles.

• 3 years later...

I realise the original post was some years ago but replying in case someone is looking for comments on these Good Feet orthotics. I bought a pair of these insoles last week on a Royal Caribbean cruise. It was a big and very expensive mistake. Usually, I am overly cautious with sale pitches but this time I got sucked in. I have long standing patello femoral syndrome involving my left knee which I manage through a number of strategies including wearing orthotics, appropriate exercises and stretches etc. Several health professionals have advised me on management. Years ago I bought customised orthotics through an podiatrist but found that much cheaper off the shelf ones from a pharmacy were much more effective. When I say cheaper .... they are about $30 Australian dollars.

Having worn the Good Feet orthotics from the ship vitality fitness centre a number of times now, I would say they actually make my knee pain worse and I feel I have been gradually wearing them in. They are outrageously expensive and unfortunately I had forgotten that all prices on board are in US dollars not Australian currency. The ship left from and returned to Brisbane, Australia. I think I fell for it as I have had a relapse in my condition over the last few months which I have been unable to reduce though am now seeing a physio. I was vulnerable due to recent pain and the sales pitch delivered was expertly done though not by a health professional. I got swayed by the 'step on the paper and see the pattern' and his explanation of it.  I am back to my usual off the shelf orthotics.

Edited by WanderingWhimbrel
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 9:24 AM, WanderingWhimbrel said:

Having worn the Good Feet orthotics from the ship vitality fitness centre a number of times now, I would say they  actually make my knee pain worse and I feel I have been gradually wearing them in. 

I read this with great interest as this is what happened with me. The insoles helped my backache (caused by bad posture when walking) but also badly affected my arthritic knees and made the pain much worse.  For me it was also a very expensive mistake.

Edited by Scriv

The Meindl trainers that I mentioned 4 years ago are still going strong...one of the best footwear that I have had so no way would I be tempted with the insoles that are offered on cruise ships

• Like 1