Using onboard credits for excursions

artfanatic8

We have some onboard credits, and I just learned that I cannot use them if I book excursions in advance of our August cruise. I seem to remember someone writing earlier on these boards that it is possible to receive credit for such an advance booking once onboard, and then one can use points instead. Is that possible? Does anyone know how full most excursions are in advance of boarding? Is it best to book ahead, or can you feel pretty good about taking your chances? Thank you so much for responding -- it's our first cruise.

The one excursion I am interested in is for the First port of call, day after embarcation day. Is it possible to do the book ahead and change the day of boarding without a cancellation fee or issue? Thanks.

Yes. Go to SB square as soon as you are on board and they will rebook it for you. No problem.

The one excursion I am interested in is for the First port of call, day after embarcation day. Is it possible to do the book ahead and change the day of boarding without a cancellation fee or issue? Thanks.

As soon as you board the ship, go to the Square and ensure your OBC is registered on your shipboard account.

We had an OBC on our last cruise from our TA that was not and took 3-4 days to get straightened out.

Always carry hard-copy proof of any OBC with you.

Edited by Missabby

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice about taking a hard copy of the OBC. Where is this documented? We currently can see our preliminary documents and no OBC is listed. We used a TA but the OBC is from a First Cruise voucher. Should it be in the preliminary documents, on what page?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the advice about taking a hard copy of the OBC. Where is this documented? We currently can see our preliminary documents and no OBC is listed. We used a TA but the OBC is from a First Cruise voucher. Should it be in the preliminary documents, on what page?

Thanks in advance :)

I've had no luck finding that kind of information on our account. So we asked our travel agent to send us a copy of our credits to make sure all were there. She immediately sent us a copy and pasted accounting of them. We have that email and will take a hard copy with us too.

I just checked the preliminary documents for our cruise and that information was not there. Having made final payment we have our final documents on the website (and a printed copy, too), and I see the total OBC for each of us listed on page 8. Hope this helps!

Thank you - looks like I am checking a bit early. I will look in the places you suggested in a few weeks. Love your list of upcoming cruises, looks very exciting!

You're welcome! Yes, I think we will enjoy all the cruises. What's not to like? :D