wifi Nice surprise

dalliowner

Have just received from Seabourn the confirmation of our cruise next April on the Encore and were surprised to see complimentary 300 mins per person internet access. I never saw anything about this before I booked , perhaps things are changing

We are off on the Encore in October this year and our invoice states the same. It was not expected and is apparently a promotional package available on new bookings departing up to the end of April next.

For higher end suites the package includes unlimited access.

I'm surprised that Seabourn haven't made more of this.

We are in Aus and have 600min per guest complimentary WI-FI / Internet use.

I thought it was part of the 30th Anniversary promotion.

I was thinking it may not be that beneficial with the previous speeds but I am excited with the reports of the speeds on the Ovation.

We are in Aus and have 600min per guest complimentary WI-FI / Internet use.

I thought it was part of the 30th Anniversary promotion.

I was thinking it may not be that beneficial with the previous speeds but I am excited with the reports of the speeds on the Ovation.

Can I ask which cruise that is for? I don't see it on my invoice for the 2 upcoming Seabourn cruises I have booked.

We each had a coupon for 300 minutes wi-fi on Sojourn in March, but didn't need them as we are Diamond.

I asked at Seabourn Square and they allowed us to give them to some American friends who hadn't received that benefit.

It was the slowest internet that I have ever experienced on any Seabourn ship, made the internet on Quest in Antarctica seem postively speedy.

I have heard from a reliable source that free internet on Seabourn is imminent. I certainly hope that they will meet the competitors’ standard ( Regent and Silversea , even Viking) who do not charge extra for internet. Seabourn sometime is a little late to the party. It took them that a long time to change its smoking policy which is why we stopped sailing it 2012 having several cruises spoiled by balcony smokers. However, the changes in the past two years have brought us back as we favor Seabourn overall.

We are Canadian, booking through a U.S. TA, and our upcoming Quest cruise in September gives us, from our invoice:

"30th Anniversary 300 Min Wi-Fi Pkg"

Details in fine print: "Complimentary Wi-Fi package offer is available on new bookings only, on select voyages departing between January 1,2018 and April 30, 2019. Offer includes 300 minutes of internet access per guest for 1st & 2nd guest booking in Ocean Viewand Veranda categories or one unlimited internet access package per suite in PH, PS categories."

Looks like it's per person too, wow, that should do us for 12 days!

We are Americans and booked last October. The wifi package was not included in our initial booking as we booked prior to the offer being available. The invoice we received after final payment showed the free 300 minutes of Internet per guest; however, the final documents we received six weeks prior to sailings failed to mention the free WiFi. We just boarded Odyssey today and there was vouchers in our stateroom for our free internet minutes.

I hope this helps

Kevin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

When I booked my cruise there was nothing special. When I arrived on board I got the unplanned ninja attack deck work and the "30th Anniversary 300 minutes".

Ninja attack deck work. Priceless.

Have we heard any recent reports from Soj? Cruise friends will be on board quite soon, could do with an update as they weren't overly impressed when I showed them the half deck photos.

Someone has probably already answered this by now but Diamond/Diamond Elite get... The same 300 free minutes.:confused:

I also got that 300 free minutes, is that on top of my "Free unlimited"? Wow. So someone said its imminent that soon EVERYONE will get free wifi, that certainly dumbs down the Diamond and Diamond Elite benefits! (and will also slow down the internet speed)

We are booked on the Quest in November, and we also received the 30th anniversary sale internet benefit. I intend to ask if it's possible to use this benefit to get credit toward the purchase of an unlimited plan.

I also got that 300 free minutes, is that on top of my "Free unlimited"? Wow. So someone said its imminent that soon EVERYONE will get free wifi, that certainly dumbs down the Diamond and Diamond Elite benefits! (and will also slow down the internet speed)

Yes. But this is what happens when marketing people don’t comprehend reality. Likewise with unlimited inet people will be always signed in. With apps needing multiple gigs. A day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How dare Seabourn run a promo that gives the plebians a few free table scraps without first seeking the blessing of the Royalty Class.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes. But this is what happens when marketing people don’t comprehend reality. Likewise with unlimited inet people will be always signed in. With apps needing multiple gigs. A day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you think maybe BBQlover is one of the marketing people? nah, probably not, the marketing people would love the Royalty!