Getting from Port Liberty to New York Penn Station

So I am the vacation planner for my wife and I-been doing it for years-but I think I may have made a rookie mistake.

We are taking the train back to Richmond after our Anthem cruise. We should be back at port at 7 am. And I booked tickets on the train that leaves New York Penn Station at 10:35am. We get back on a Thursday morning.

When I booked the train I thought “oh that gives us plenty of time” but now I’m second guessing myself.

Is this doable? What’s the best/fastest way to get to Penn Station from Port Liberty?

So I am the vacation planner for my wife and I-been doing it for years-but I think I may have made a rookie mistake.

We are taking the train back to Richmond after our Anthem cruise. We should be back at port at 7 am. And I booked tickets on the train that leaves New York Penn Station at 10:35am. We get back on a Thursday morning.

When I booked the train I thought “oh that gives us plenty of time” but now I’m second guessing myself.

Is this doable? What’s the best/fastest way to get to Penn Station from Port Liberty?

Looks like you're on Northeast Regional Train #95 . You should try to rebook your ticket to depart from Newark Penn Station, not NY Penn Station. Not only does the train depart Newark Penn about 20 minutes later than NY Penn, but you can also get from Cape Liberty to Newark Penn in about 30 minutes (could be more in traffic of course) and for less money than it would cost you to take a car service from Cape Liberty to NY Penn.

Can you rebook? If not call Amtrak to find out if you can board using your existing ticket at Newark Penn rather than NY Penn.

You'll have more than enough time to take a taxi or Uber from Cape Liberty to Newark Penn Station.

Absolutely board at Newark Penn Station, note this is NOT the Newark AIRPORT stop for where AirTrain and NJ Transit/Amtrak connect, don't confuse them.

Contact Amtrak but even if that is a problem your ticket will probably still be valid just boarding at Newark Penn Station, the system doesn't void tickets immediately on departure like airlines do.

Absolutely board at Newark Penn Station, note this is NOT the Newark AIRPORT stop for where AirTrain and NJ Transit/Amtrak connect, don't confuse them.

Contact Amtrak but even if that is a problem your ticket will probably still be valid just boarding at Newark Penn Station, the system doesn't void tickets immediately on departure like airlines do.

I totally agree. The price from Newark Penn Station to Richmond is the same as the price from New York Penn Station to Richmond. You should be fine. As Brighton Line said, be sure to get transportation to Newark Penn Station, not Newark Airport Station.

Agree completely, AND, it’s pretty rare for the conductor to check all the tickets before leaving Newark anyway. Just realize if it’s a mostly full train, you may not find two seats together until after Philadelphia.