NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Thanks. I have been looking for that chart. I am already almost to 40,000 after paying off our upcoming cruise. I thought I got TWO points for NCL purchases, but discovered I got THREE! Just got my new point statement yesterday. :D

Glad to be of help :D

Enjoy your rewards!!!

Points newbie here!

I have an inside cabin on TA booked this September and would like to use my points to buy a dining package, but I don't think that's an option? Any ideas of how to do this if I buy OBC? I have just over 48k points.

Thanks!

Points newbie here!

I have an inside cabin on TA booked this September and would like to use my points to buy a dining package, but I don't think that's an option? Any ideas of how to do this if I buy OBC? I have just over 48k points.

Thanks!

If you have 48k points you’d be better IMHO to not redeem any and quickly put some more on the card to reach 60k points so you can get the biggest value for them by booking an inside on a looooong cruise and doing a double cross meta upgrade to a balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called NCL World Points today and talked to some very helpful people. I did not have a cruise booked, but I have one I want to but at the rate it is now I'd have to depend on getting the meta upgrade from inside to OV. The girl I first talked to on the phone said that I have to book a cruise first and then she could help me. I told her that the problem is that the cruise is in final payment and I needed to know if I'd be able to get the meta upgrade. She was very nice. She told me that she would transfer to booking and would explain to them what I needed to do. I talked to a guy named Greg, that told me that there was the Inside cabin available at the lowest price and the upgrade was available and asked where I wanted to be on the ship with the outside cabin. I was very surprised, since the rates are very high on the OV and balcony cabins. He was kind enough to hold it for 24 hrs and save the info we talked about and assured me that the OV's were available and balconies were, too.

So, is this usually the procedure to book a cabin and then call to see if the meta upgrade is available?

Also, and I guess I should've asked him, that can I book it with a travel agent and do the upgrade or go through the booking and meta upgrade with NCL and then transfer to a travel agent???

Yes that’s how it’s always worked for me.

It easier to book it and then transfer.

In my case the cruise is already in final payment. The NCL put the cruise on a 24 hr hold. Did you book the whole cruise and do a meta upgrade and then transfer to a TA?

Yes but it was before final payment so not sure if once payment has been made if you can transfer. I would think not. You might want to ask in the main board or do a search.

I did post it on the main board but haven't received a response yet. This is the first time I ever booked a cruise in final payment. I guess they also made final payment sooner then it used to be. It wouldn't be fair if we weren't able to use our travel agent.

I did post it on the main board but haven't received a response yet. This is the first time I ever booked a cruise in final payment. I guess they also made final payment sooner then it used to be. It wouldn't be fair if we weren't able to use our travel agent.

You cannot transfer a booking after final payment. Before final payment you only have 30 days to transfer your booking.

I called NCL World Points today and talked to some very helpful people. I did not have a cruise booked, but I have one I want to but at the rate it is now I'd have to depend on getting the meta upgrade from inside to OV. The girl I first talked to on the phone said that I have to book a cruise first and then she could help me. I told her that the problem is that the cruise is in final payment and I needed to know if I'd be able to get the meta upgrade. She was very nice. She told me that she would transfer to booking and would explain to them what I needed to do. I talked to a guy named Greg, that told me that there was the Inside cabin available at the lowest price and the upgrade was available and asked where I wanted to be on the ship with the outside cabin. I was very surprised, since the rates are very high on the OV and balcony cabins. He was kind enough to hold it for 24 hrs and save the info we talked about and assured me that the OV's were available and balconies were, too.

So, is this usually the procedure to book a cabin and then call to see if the meta upgrade is available?

Also, and I guess I should've asked him, that can I book it with a travel agent and do the upgrade or go through the booking and meta upgrade with NCL and then transfer to a travel agent???

I know you can book with a travel agent who does the upgrade for you as part of the booking process with NCL. In other words, it would be your TA that calls world points to book the cruise for you.

Called today to redeem my 30,000 points for an upgrade from ocean view to a balcony. Nope! I can but I loose all promotions from when I originally booked the cruise. That is ridiculous time to stop using this card if they are not going to honor its rewards.

Ok, Thank you! I will post back when everything is complete.

Ok, I'm updating on my experience/booking. I called NCL booking number first to do what the agent I talked to yesterday told me I had to do. He said that my reservation was on hold for 24 hrs. It wasn't, so, this agent redid it and gave me the number back and told me to call World Points without putting a penny on it. I called World Points. The category I booked at is inside IF. With the Meta Upgrade I went up to an OK outside, I think. It's partially obstructed cabin 8594 on The Jade. As I was talking to him there was a change in price. The cabin dropped about $120.! He then instructed me to call my travel agent. I had already put my travel agents name and agency on the reservation and there's no money on it yet, so, no transfer form will be needed, she could just take it over.

I'm waiting for her to call me for my credit card number. This cruise is on Sept 17th, so it's already past final payment.

Called today to redeem my 30,000 points for an upgrade from ocean view to a balcony. Nope! I can but I loose all promotions from when I originally booked the cruise. That is ridiculous time to stop using this card if they are not going to honor its rewards.

Called back was told since I booked during the no port taxes/fees promotion I would have to pay all of those fees/taxes in order to get the upgrade!

I am new to Norwegian. Trying to figure out the credit card. I will be paying for a family cruise and getting a lot of points. I will make my final payment and then get all the points. What would we the best use of my points. Can I get a cash credit for them? Or use them for a statement credit? I am used to Princess and the points I get there post ahead of the payment so I can use them as a statement credit. I think with Norwegian the points don’t post until the payment is made. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am new to Norwegian. Trying to figure out the credit card. I will be paying for a family cruise and getting a lot of points. I will make my final payment and then get all the points. What would we the best use of my points. Can I get a cash credit for them? Or use them for a statement credit? I am used to Princess and the points I get there post ahead of the payment so I can use them as a statement credit. I think with Norwegian the points don’t post until the payment is made. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

you start off with 10k points.

best use for them is cabin upgrades and not cash.

ideal levels:

10k- upgrade from family balcony (or connecting balcony, depending on ship) to aft balcony

30k- upgrade from inside to ov, or ov to balcony. (ov to balcony better since you get 2 free promos with ov.)

60k- upgrade from inside to balcony

if on breakaway or + class, get an angled balcony

super ideal: back to back cruises.

from the points standpoint, it will count just as 1 cruise. so your cabin upgrade will be for both cruises for same amount of points!

you start off with 10k points.

best use for them is cabin upgrades and not cash.

ideal levels:

10k- upgrade from family balcony (or connecting balcony, depending on ship) to aft balcony

30k- upgrade from inside to ov, or ov to balcony. (ov to balcony better since you get 2 free promos with ov.)

60k- upgrade from inside to balcony

if on breakaway or + class, get an angled balcony

super ideal: back to back cruises.

from the points standpoint, it will count just as 1 cruise. so your cabin upgrade will be for both cruises for same amount of points!

Great advice!!!!

I wasn't aware of the B2B use of points, so that is something I will definitely keep in the back of my mind.

Also, something that I was not specifically aware of when I first obtained my NCL Mastercard is that points can't be used to upgrade to a mini suite or suite/haven. However, using points may put you in a cabin category that allows you to bid on those upgrades in the last 90 days prior to sailing. :D

I'm anxious to do my upgrade from my obstructed OV to a balcony. I'm depending on the points from my final payment to reach the 30,000. How soon will the points be available to use? There's very few balconies left and right now the rates are very high, so, I guess that's in my favor because you'd have to be nuts to pay that price! The cruise is mid-Sept.

I'm anxious to do my upgrade from my obstructed OV to a balcony. I'm depending on the points from my final payment to reach the 30,000. How soon will the points be available to use? There's very few balconies left and right now the rates are very high, so, I guess that's in my favor because you'd have to be nuts to pay that price! The cruise is mid-Sept.
If you pay off your balance before your statement closes they will be available on the next day after the statement closes.

I was unaware that obstructed ov was a qualified catagory.

Steve

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

If you pay off your balance before your statement closes they will be available on the next day after the statement closes.

I was unaware that obstructed ov was a qualified catagory.

Steve

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I have a payment coming up the beginning of July, so if I include the payment for the cruise in it even though it won't have to be paid until the next statement, the points will post.

I booked the IF/inside category on The Jade and did the meta upgrade to OK/outside obstructed. I like the location, but I'm not sure how obstructed it is.