Ship docks in Copenhagen at 7AM, can I make a flight at 9:50?

CabanaLife

if you can carry off your bag & be ready as soon as the ship is cleared maybe

Better have a Plan "B" incase

Are you flying to LHR to stay in the UK or is it a connecting flight to the USA?

Edited by LHT28

Possible a Friday morning. Might depend on airline and destination - but very very tight. Ship might not be cleared before 8 - then 30 minutes to the airport. Too risky IMO.

Possible a Friday morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just flew out of CPH last month to the US. I have never walked more than I did at CPH. Had to go through 2 different security lines. Had a very long walk to get to our final gate. It may be different flying to the UK. I would be more comfortable taking a later flight.

Thanks, everyone!

I'm connecting in London to head back to Miami and wanted to give myself more time in London since my layover there is overnight. Sounds like it's too risky, I'll look for a later flight, there are several!

Thanks, everyone!

I'm connecting in London to head back to Miami and wanted to give myself more time in London since my layover there is overnight. Sounds like it's too risky, I'll look for a later flight, there are several!

It's only too risky if YOU think it is too risky.:)

Everything is possible, but shouldn't you be at check-in 2 to 3 hrs before departure. The ship's ETA is less than 3 hrs before take-off. Remembers the "E" in ETA is estimated and while most ships dock early on TAR day, it isn't guaranteed.

I agree that it is far too risky. And if you do decide to take the risk, you will probably spend way too much time during your cruise thinking (and worrying) about it. Stress, is certainly not the way you want to enjoy your vacation...

Hi!

I will be on a Baltic cruise July 4th, we dock back in Copenhagen July 13th at 7am and I am looking at a flight to London at 9:50, would I be able to disembark and get to the airport in time?

Thanks!

Was on. Cruise 2 weeks ago and we got off at 6:30am and was at airport at 7:40 with not problem boarding our 10 clock flight / was at our gate at approximately 8:45am and only had to go thru the one security gate as on all airports: was only about 25 minute ride from ship to airport/ So you are good.

Was on. Cruise 2 weeks ago and we got off at 6:30am and was at airport at 7:40 with not problem boarding our 10 clock flight / was at our gate at approximately 8:45am and only had to go thru the one security gate as on all airports: was only about 25 minute ride from ship to airport/ So you are good.

Yes, it will work for most European flight - just be aware of passports control if destination is outside Schengen Area.

But too tight if overseas flight like to US. Here you will also meet the second security check.

The other open question is how fast the ship will be cleared. I have experienced from 30 to 60 minutes for Copenhagen Cruise Port.

Copenhagen would have to be the worst airport for speed. We breezed through the first security check, then I thought what are all these people lined up outside the shops? That was the line stretching back from passport control. Took over an hour and was chaotic, then our gate was at the end of the concourse. We were flying to Dubai and then on to Australia so a flight to London may be easier or perhaps they just had a bad day, but be aware it can happen.

A kind of silly cliche — essentially claiming that a risky plan becomes safer if the person contemplating it is not intelligent enough to realize that it is risky.

Similar to what I thought when reading that odd comment. So, if a person books a departing flight scheduled for a few minutes after the ship is scheduled to dock because they think there is no risk, then they should be OK, right? Yeah, that's pretty dumb. :rolleyes:

Similar to what I thought when reading that odd comment. So, if a person books a departing flight scheduled for a few minutes after the ship is scheduled to dock because they think there is no risk, then they should be OK, right? Yeah, that's pretty dumb. :rolleyes:

I always say to book your flight BEFORE the ship docks, so upon disembarkation you can wave bye bye as it flies overhead.