Tortola hurricane recovery

hladygirl

TTOL is a great resource for land vacationers, and is somewhat helpful to day visitors. But feedback from recent day visitors (cruisers) on their experiences would be more helpful since folks here are considering similar day activities. I’m surprised there hasn’t been more feedback!

Ncl has cancelled a lot of their stops to Tortola through Jan 2019. They haven’t cancelled our stop on nov 4,2018 but I am afraid they will. I have a private boat chartered for the day and was really looking forward to it. Hope we go.

TTOL is a great resource for land vacationers, and is somewhat helpful to day visitors. But feedback from recent day visitors (cruisers) on their experiences would be more helpful since folks here are considering similar day activities. I’m surprised there hasn’t been more feedback!

Very true, but until the cruise lines return to Tortola, TTOL has about the best current info available. The info on the destinations Is good, but the ‘how to get there’ part is usually lacking since the reports are from locals, or from charterers sailing in themselves.

One good bit of news, though, is that the Willy T should be in its new location in Great Harbour, Peter Island, by the time the ships return. That will make a great day trip for cruisers stopping at Tortola!:beer-toast:

• 4 weeks later...
It looks like the next ship scheduled for Tortola is Disney Fantasy July 17.

I've read smaller ships have already visited the BVI but the mega cruise ship lines are still reviewing the rebuilding progress, specifically the safety of guests during the rebuild...

http://bvinews.com/new/disney-encouraging-progress-but-bvi-not-fully-safe-for-tourists/

Disney had reps on the ground in BVI last month. I’m scheduled to go to Tortola on the Fantasy te last week of September. I’m not really expecting to make that stop at this point.

http://bvinews.com/new/disney-encouraging-progress-but-bvi-not-fully-safe-for-tourists/

Disney just announced adjustments (SXM instead of Tortola) to the Eastern itineraries through the end of August.

Are ANY cruise lines back in Tortola yet? I’m still crossing my fingers for our Eastern sailing on 9/22. Not expecting it but hoping. I don’t think any of the ladies I’m cruising with have been to The Baths and they’re really wanting to see it.

Ncl has cancelled a lot of their stops to Tortola through Jan 2019. They haven’t cancelled our stop on nov 4,2018 but I am afraid they will. I have a private boat chartered for the day and was really looking forward to it. Hope we go.

We are on the Jan.5,2019 sailing and still scheduled to go to Tortola. NCL did switch days with Tortola now being Tuesday 8-6 and St. Thomas Wednesday 7-3.

Disney just announced adjustments (SXM instead of Tortola) to the Eastern itineraries through the end of August.

Are ANY cruise lines back in Tortola yet? I’m still crossing my fingers for our Eastern sailing on 9/22. Not expecting it but hoping. I don’t think any of the ladies I’m cruising with have been to The Baths and they’re really wanting to see it.

Just getting back from 2018 road trip and thinking toward 2019 cruise. How fun to see well known DCL-DISers asking what I want to know!

:)

I hope the island is recovering well and that you all make it there for your cruises. Mine isn’t til 5/2019...