Pre-Cruise Hotels close to Boston

michelle028

Hi everyone,

I'm driving down from Toronto end of August, I totally don't mind staying outside Boston for a better rate ($200 max) - but don't want to spend hours driving to the cruise port either. The most I want to drive is 1 hour max to the port. What would you suggest?

Any ideas for hotels that are close to outlet malls enroute?

I prefer Hampton Inns, HI Express, etc. Something with breakfast :)

Thanks for your help!

The closest outlet mall area to boston is in wrentham: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/wrentham-village. I think it's right around an hour away, so you could stay a little closer to boston after shopping? In general, staying out the mass pike/rt 90 is a good place to access the cruise port, in the framingham area, and then you're halfway to boston from the outlets. I'm certain framingham has one of most every chain hotel.

From Toronto, you will most likely be coming in via the Mass. Turnpike (I-90). There are more affordable hotel options around the Newton-Waltham area, so you could stay around there. Me, being from Quebec, we come from the north, and really like the Burlington area, which wouldn't be that far out of your way either, and you could then approach the port the next day via the I-93 (which I prefer to the turnpike).

Wrentham Premium Outlets is off rt 495, so if you are driving south from Toronto, access to the outlets is easy. Recently new hotels have popped up along the 495/95/1 corridor south of Boston, all less than an hour into the seaport. Look at the Foxboro area; Patriot Place [also a shopping and dining venue] has a new one, plus there are hotels along rt 1, in Walpole and Norwood.

Darcy

Great ideas everyone!!

Driving down on a Thursday. Cruise leaves Friday afternoon.:D

Was going to drive straight to the port from Toronto but now I'm going to stay overnight and do some shopping before cruising!

Traffic into Boston will be heavy from the Wrentham area on a Friday morning. Don't leave before 9 am.

Hi Michelle028,

My wife and I live in the Pickering area and just returned from our cruise. We drove to Boston the day prior as well. We stayed at the Westborough Inn. Another poster had mentioned the place in there review. The hotel is a little dated in furniture, but the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. You have full use of the kitchen and entertainment area on the lower level. Cost is around $125 Cdn per night and includes breakfast. After checking in, we found a couple of malls in the area and did some shopping as well.

The next morning we left about 10 AM and headed to the port area to park. It took us about 40 minutes and was a very easy drive.

Took us about 8.5 hours to drive directly from our house to the hotel. We were happy with the hotel and would gladly stay there upon our next cruise from Boston.

FYI... You will pay a cash toll using the turnpike in New York State. Massachusetts now uses photo tolls and will mail you the invoice. We are presently waiting for our invoice.