Name some things you forgot to pack but wished you did?

LongHill44

One thing, though, that I wished I had on a 2015 cruise was a flashlight! There was a fire on the ship at 5:30am and all the electricity went out for 12 hrs. We were awakened by the fire announcement from the Captain and our suite was pitch black! Pretty scary and wandering around in the dark didn't help. Now I take a little teeny, weeny flashlight and keep it on the nightstand.

It's also a useful thing to carry everyday. You never know when you need to light something up, they make ones that have low, strobing and high beams so you can use it to see behind the TV, disorient an attacker or light up the woods.

It's also a useful thing to carry everyday. You never know when you need to light something up, they make ones that have low, strobing and high beams so you can use it to see behind the TV, disorient an attacker or light up the woods.

Agree with a flash light is handy to have all the time. However not sure it would disorient an attacker Not on the ship but in my daily life that is what this southern gal carries her firearm for ;p

My wife forgot socks for one trip, so now she has souvenir socks from several ports.

We flew into Houston a day early and our DIL discovered she forgot to pack socks. She went out walking and found a sports store and bought a dozen pair.

We got on board and guess what I forgot? Socks. She gave me six pair of hers.

I'm with you, I'm the packer in our family. For short weekends away, DH packs his own, but for cruises, I pack for both of us and then I'm sure we haven't forgotten things like socks, etc. (yes, it happened the first time we cruised when he packed his own suitcase) Often DH will open the closet on a cruise and say "Oh, you packed this, thanks!" Yay for me. LOL

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I pack for my husband on vacations where I want him to wear certain things. :') If I don't care, he packs for himself. I laughed at your socks comment though. Three trips in a ROW back when I used to pack for everyone, I forgot his socks. Luckily those were driving vacations so we could just stop at a store. Now before every long trip, I just buy a new bag of socks and throw it in the suitcase.

We flew into Houston a day early and our DIL discovered she forgot to pack socks. She went out walking and found a sports store and bought a dozen pair.

We got on board and guess what I forgot? Socks. She gave me six pair of hers.

At 17, my daughter forgot to pack any underwear. I am plus sized, she is tiny. So, she had to wear her brothers' underwear on the days when hers were drying. :')They were younger than her but still a little bigger but it wasn't as bad as mine would have been.

I actually use the over the door shoe hanger on my bathroom at home. It’s suoer handy and keeps the mess off my counter. Not sure it would be necessary on a cruise because I won’t have as much stuff

I have a big counter. :D

And I have been a full suite for all my cruises, and there is plenty of counter, drawer and cabinet space in the bathroom.