Ship in port until 10 pm, what to do?

Bahama Mama 40

Most shops will close by 6 pm unless you are here on a Thursday then some in Punda will stay open until 8 pm for Punda Vibes.

If you enjoy shopping for souvenirs- t-shirts and such, then shop. There are some "shops" in the port area as well.

I highly suggest to anyone coming to our home island to get out and see the island. There is so much more than just beaches- the beaches are fabulous- but there is so much culture here too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We've had the same experience. Shops do typically close at 6:0 PM.

We do a complete island tour and take advantage of not having to rush back to the ship.

Once on board we can have a later dinner on the ship.

Keith

We've had the same experience. Shops do typically close at 6:0 PM.

We do a complete island tour and take advantage of not having to rush back to the ship.

Once on board we can have a later dinner on the ship.

Keith

Thanks Keith,

Any recommendations for island tours? We would like to see beaches and nature.

Last trip we went for a very nice dinner at the steakhouse in the old fort (the one you pass thru as you exit the port area). We had seats looking over both the port and canal, it was a great evening and meal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are amazing restaurants in the Water Arches area in Punda just behind the Curacao and Dushi signs that are right on the water and in my humble opinion way better than Steak and Ribs in the Rif Fort. Perla Del Mar, Scampis and Dal Toro are in the Water Arches and all are good.

• 4 weeks later...
Most shops will close by 6 pm unless you are here on a Thursday then some in Punda will stay open until 8 pm for Punda Vibes.

If you enjoy shopping for souvenirs- t-shirts and such, then shop. There are some "shops" in the port area as well.

I highly suggest to anyone coming to our home island to get out and see the island. There is so much more than just beaches- the beaches are fabulous- but there is so much culture here too.

What would be some of the cultural highlights you would recommend?

What would be some of the cultural highlights you would recommend?
LynneL- if you are into museums, the slavery museum at Kura Hulanda (In Otrabanda), Maritime museum in Scharloo (near Punda) are all within walking distance from the port. The Synagogue in Punda is amazing (IMO).

• 4 weeks later...
Following, looking for ideas for 8 adults, 4 kids (14-11) who love the water, beaches and beer!
If you looking for a full service beach, Mambo beach area may work well for you and your family. If you go on your own, $3.50 person entry fee(not sure if they charge full price for the 4 year old but I can check) and $3.50 per lounge chair. Calmer water, bars on the beach and plenty of restaurants. Easy cab ride from port.

We have been to Curacao twice and both times we walked to the taxi stand and shared a van to Mambo Beach. We asked the driver to drop us off at the Blvd. Shops. There are souvenir stores, clothing stores, restaurants, and restrooms. You can find lots of info about Mambo beach online. When we were there last year, they did not charge for beach access only $3.50 for a lounge chair. There is a bar right on the beach, the beach and water are clean and beautiful. If you snorkel, bring your gear, great snorkeling near the rocks which provides a great breakwater and calm water for swimming. This was a very inexpensive day for our family. We recognized a large group of Carnival employees there enjoying a relaxing day.

We returned to the ship at 4:00 p.m., took showers and changed and walked off the ship to enjoy Curacao. Other posters are correct, the shops close at 6:00 p.m. If shopping is your thing, you can always shop when the ship docks and you will still have plenty of time to go on a tour or grab a taxi to a beach.

We loved being in port late, especially in Curacao. There is a walkway from where the ship docks to the Rif Fort (easy 5 minute walk). You walk through the Fort to get to the harbor area. The inside of the Fort has restaurants, souvenir stores that stay open a little later, ice cream store, bars, sample cheese at the Royal Dutch Cheesery or order some fondue at the restaurant.

Upon exiting the Fort, you will be at the beautiful harbor and walk across the Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge which lights up at night.

• Like 1

What would you recommend my wife and I do if we aren't planning on renting a car and aren't going to be doing the whole beach/snorkeling thing (covering that in the A&B islands)? We were planning to just hang out around Willemstad rather than shooting out to other parts of the island so that we had lots of time to really explore the city. We're there 8 AM- 8PM. Any suggestions would be appreciated !

What would you recommend my wife and I do if we aren't planning on renting a car and aren't going to be doing the whole beach/snorkeling thing (covering that in the A&B islands)? We were planning to just hang out around Willemstad rather than shooting out to other parts of the island so that we had lots of time to really explore the city. We're there 8 AM- 8PM. Any suggestions would be appreciated !
The Synagogue, Maritime museum in Scharloo and Slavery museum are all good IMO. We are waiting for our friend to visit in June to go back to all these places. There is a new info board right before you cross the Queen Emma floating bridge that shows all the buildings you should see (the picture I took of it came out blurry!).

Bring water with you, it gets hot walking around Punda.

Download this PDF for a very extensive self walking tour- will definitely give you the experience you want.

http://www.curacao.com/en/directory/do/adventures/tours/architectural-walking-guide-historic-willemstad/

• Like 2

The Synagogue, Maritime museum in Scharloo and Slavery museum are all good IMO. We are waiting for our friend to visit in June to go back to all these places. There is a new info board right before you cross the Queen Emma floating bridge that shows all the buildings you should see (the picture I took of it came out blurry!).

Bring water with you, it gets hot walking around Punda.

Download this PDF for a very extensive self walking tour- will definitely give you the experience you want.

www.curacao.com/en/directory/do/adventures/tours/architectural-walking-guide-historic-willemstad/

This is fantastic, thank you so much !

• 2 weeks later...
Bup, thank you very much for posting the guide for a walking tour. It looks like a great resource.
Happy to help! I have to resize the ones for the monument board for Otrobanda and will post them this weekend- finally got good ones of it.

Bridget

• 1 month later...
Happy to help! I have to resize the ones for the monument board for Otrobanda and will post them this weekend- finally got good ones of it.

Bridget

This link is a great resource. Thank you!

Did you post the moument board for Otrobanda?

Apologies if I missed it

This link is a great resource. Thank you!

Did you post the moument board for Otrobanda?

Apologies if I missed it

dutchclogs, I tried and they wouldn't upload. We have company this week but will try again after this week.

• 2 weeks later...