San Francisco hotel options

Hello, I have a 3 part question.

i am wondering if there are any hotels in San Francisco that include long range parking.

Here in the Boston area, there are some hotels hotels that you can stay at the hotel the night before you fly or cruise and you can leave your car in the hotel lot for the time period you will be gone. We are looking for a set up like that,

OR....

A recommendation (without parking) for a hotel the night before cruise departure. Unsure of flight schedule at this time. Are cabs easy to come by to get to the cruise port? What would be the best area to stay?

Or....

The best place for long term parking (3 weeks) for a cruise departing SF.

Thanks so much!

If you do a couple of searches on the West Coast Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

where SF is covered, you will find tons of info.

I absolutely would not plan on parking in SF for 3 weeks, unless I had recently won the lotto. Parking is very expensive. Just parked for 3 weeks at SFO (not in SF), and got a discounted rate...cost $330.

If you do a couple of searches on the West Coast Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

where SF is covered, you will find tons of info.

I absolutely would not plan on parking in SF for 3 weeks, unless I had recently won the lotto. Parking is very expensive. Just parked for 3 weeks at SFO (not in SF), and got a discounted rate...cost $330.

CruiserBruce, thank you for your input and the link.

Have a great day!

There are hotels that provide free parking if you stay at the hotel, but they are all out by the airport. For instance we did this at the Radisson a few years ago, and at the Larkspur Suites even longer ago. Unfortunately the San Francisco airport is very, very far away from the cruise ship terminal near downtown SF. And parking near downtown SF is always, always very expensive. Good news...Lots of cabs. And Uber/Lyft have taken over San Fran with affordable service all over town. Try to avoid driving as it's expensive and a total hassle. We live across the Bay and try to avoid driving in San Fran even though we are there at least once per week.

• 3 weeks later...
There are hotels that provide free parking if you stay at the hotel, but they are all out by the airport. For instance we did this at the Radisson a few years ago, and at the Larkspur Suites even longer ago. Unfortunately the San Francisco airport is very, very far away from the cruise ship terminal near downtown SF. And parking near downtown SF is always, always very expensive. Good news...Lots of cabs. And Uber/Lyft have taken over San Fran with affordable service all over town. Try to avoid driving as it's expensive and a total hassle. We live across the Bay and try to avoid driving in San Fran even though we are there at least once per week.

Thanks for your thoughts, tv24 !

• 2 weeks later...
You're welcome! Was back in SF just this afternoon and there were Uber and Lyft cars all around, maybe too many.

Welcome back! Hope you had a great cruise.

It's been reported that over 40,000 ride-share cars are registered to operate within San Francisco with a majority of them NOT from San Francisco.

Welcome back! Hope you had a great cruise.

It's been reported that over 40,000 ride-share cars are registered to operate within San Francisco with a majority of them NOT from San Francisco.

This report matches up with my anecdotal evidence. 80% of the drivers I've had in SF were from out-of-town, all using guidance from Google Maps rather than knowledge of the city streets.