Just off the Summit - ask away

adonisr

How was the weather in Bermuda? I know weather is totally unpredictable but what was your experience? It keeps changing daily on weather app. Shows rain pretty much everyday. Does that mean scattered showers each day in your experience or more of a rain all day everyday? We will be on the summit on Sunday headed to Bermuda.

The joke in Bermuda among the locals is...if you don't like the weather, wait 5 mins.

We just got back on Sunday and the weather was good. There was a brief shower one morning and a t storm. Those who sleep in missed it.

Was there a special line for Global Entry upon disembarkation?

No there isn't. I think FLL is the only place I've disembarked that provided a global entry line. As others have mentioned, Cape Liberty is a pain to get thru.Suites/Priority line was a 40 minute wait. And that was with a 930 disembarkation (squeezing last possible minutes out of MichaelsClub)

Hello my husband and I were also on this cruise. We had a wonderful time. Ship very clean, friendly staff. Rough seas first two days. Rained on Wednesday while we where at horseshoe bay, Thursday and Friday the weather was much better in Bermuda.

Questions - feel free to ask.

Loved Bermuda, in spite of not great weather.

Loved the Summit. Needs a face lift, but still a nice ship with a great crew.

Bayonne Customs Service - horrible. No other way to put it. They had 3 agents checking in over 2000 people. Typical US government operation.

What nights were “elegant” nights? Thanks.....

We’ve never been to Bermuda. What did you like about it?

One thing of note about Bermuda compared to other islands is that to my knowledge there is "zero" unemployment. Gives Bermuda a different feel than many other tropical locations. It is also a lovely island.

While I agree with you that the aft facing cabins on the M class ships are some of the best because of the huge balconies, they can be somewhat rough in bad weather, especially the aquas above the Sunset Bar. We had 1130 a few years ago on the repo back to Bayonne. On Saturday, the day before arrival, it was pretty rough up there. We have also had the aft facing cabins on 7 a few times, and never felt anything. I guess my advice would be if you are prone to seasickness, to approach these cabins with a little caution if your itinerary has any days with areas prone to rough weather. Having said that, if you are thinking about the Caribbean, these cabins get my highest recommendation.

We're booked in 1130 in the Fall. Thanks for the heads up about the potential motion issue. I don't usually have an issue with seasickness but I'll be sure to research good prevention measures before we go!

We have a Bermuda trip booked this summer! Never cruised on the summit...are the cabin walls metal that magnetic hooks/clips can be used on the walls? Don't want to waste precious suitcase space if we won't be able to use them!

Thanks!

I believe so but we have always had room to put away all of our clothes etc in the closets and drawers in our veranda stateroom. We fit our suitcases easily under the bed.

We're booked in 1130 in the Fall. Thanks for the heads up about the potential motion issue. I don't usually have an issue with seasickness but I'll be sure to research good prevention measures before we go!

I suggest Seaband ginger gum. Worked for me They also make wrist bands which I have never used but heard they work.

Very helpful post. What time were you allowed to board in Bayonne? We were told noon however we would like to get on earlier. Any information would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The limo dropped us and our luggage at about 9:45. Porters took our bags and we went right in. We breezed through security and the check in. 30 mins later we noticed the crowds at the security lines were long. Boarding began at 11 am. We were enjoying lunch by 11:30! Most Staterooms were ready at 1:30.

Hi - we are going Aug 5th on the Summit. We are not buffet people for dinner. so when we go to the dinning room. ? must men wear long sleeve shirts to dinner? My husband is always warm, i figured nice slacks & golf shirt or short sleeve shirt. Clean and pressed, nothing torn or worn. Will that be ok? I have no problems with all the suggestions for women. Other cruise ships are ok with this.

Hi - we are going Aug 5th on the Summit. We are not buffet people for dinner. so when we go to the dinning room. ? must men wear long sleeve shirts to dinner? My husband is always warm, i figured nice slacks & golf shirt or short sleeve shirt. Clean and pressed, nothing torn or worn. Will that be ok? I have no problems with all the suggestions for women. Other cruise ships are ok with this.

Yes, that will be fine...

bon voyage

My DH wore SS button down shirts with collars...and long pants. No sneakers. Most everyone did.

The first night many men had on shorts and sneakers and t-shirts. They were just given a gentle reminder for the remaining nights.

We did not have any problem finding a deck chair on sea days. A table in the Oceanview was hard to find during peak lunch times. We found it easier to eat lunch a little later and had no issues. Breakfast was pretty easy.

Hi, your info is so good, thank you. Just wondering if Summit does a BBQ the first sea day, and if so, what do they cook? Thanks in advance. Sailing 9/2/18..:D