Star Princess Horizon Court Question

toledo

You might hear chairs being moved, people clomping. We had the unfortunate experience of having a balcony cabin on the Aloha deck on the Star, and never again will we do that again. We heard chairs being moved, people walking (clomping like a herd of cattle), MUTS, music. Worse ever!

What is in the back two corners of the Horizon Court (aft)? Do I want a cabin underneath it?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/star-princess-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=255&deck=14

Crab Shack on certain days. Extra seating for HC.

If you are not a light sleeper, you should be fine.

Enjoy your cruise.

King

I guess I meant to say Horizon Terrace. So chairs being moved and people walking would be issues, even if at the back of the ship.

Thanks, elliair.

We book Aloha or Riviera deck (depending on the ship) whenever we can. Usually insides. We hear an occasional scraping noise when the deck hands set-up or take down the loungers. This happens first thing in the morning and later in the evening when/if they open the pool. The noises aren't apparent all the time and are never bothersome...YMMV;)

I don't know about the Star but on the Grand last year we had the last cabin aft on A deck, right under Horizon Terrace. apart from some occasional scraping noises in the morning, we never heard anything. The scraping noises was the staff moving chairs around. It didn't bother us in the least.

What is in the back two corners of the Horizon Court (aft)? Do I want a cabin underneath it?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/star-princess-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=255&deck=14

Those 2 corners have tables in them but are some of the least used areas in Horizon Court....not in a traffic area so the noise is minimum at best. We have a cabin booked there for 2 upcoming cruises and have known several that like the location for ease of access to the adult pool, Horizons and the Outrigger Bar, Now, if your cabin is farther forward then you will have a noise problem from high traffic areas, most used portion of Horizon and, of course, the pool areas!

As they say, cabin placement is everything!