Any NCL Ambassador members on Cruise Critic?

chloemonkey

We me the nicest man on our cruise a week ago during the meeting for B2B passengers. I believe that he said that there were around 54 total members in this "elite" club?

Anyway, I did NOT get his contact info but would be curious to know if there are any other NCL devotees that have achieved his status. He had much info and experience to share and had been onboard for 76 days THIS trip! I can only wish for retirement and this lifestyle!

So if there are any other Ambassadors out there....please chime in! Your reason for being devoted to NCL, # of trips, etc......as this is truly something that I may consider doing at retirement.

Yes there are. We have sailed with others as well. Last month on the Getaway we were told there are only 35 of us fleet wide.

We love NCL because of the freestyle aspect. We are on vacation not going to a formal ball.

We have also cruised on RCL, Celebrity, Princess and Carnival.

Hopefully NCL will add to the perks of reaching Ambassador status. As of right now the only benefit of reaching Ambassador status is a (Not so) complementary cruise. You do not get the booking perks currently offered, i.e. Bev Pkg, Dining Pkg, WI-fi or shore credit. We took our first complementary cruise on the Getaway last month and the cost was almost $1000. Anticipating our next (Not so) complementary cruise in September

If I could recommend anything to you, it would be to not cruise to reach any higher level. Cruise only because you enjoy it

Edited by Landl cruiser
  • Like 2

700 Latitude Rewards (Ambassador) Points is not too hard to reach where the minimum is 100 7 night cruises.

But if you stay in a Suite or use the Insider Offers that doubles and triples the points reducing the points

necessary to get to Ambassador.

All of the Ambassador class folks have been around when the 9 month booking rule applied and they got

additional points (sadly that rule has been discontinued).

Ship positioning cruises usually are 14 or more days - Transatlantic cruises are at least that number (14).

So in reality getting to the Platinum plateau is easy and the launching pad for elite Ambassador class.

The perks of the Ambassador class are all the same as the Platinum the difference being that Complimentary

cruise and supposedly a higher degree of customer recognition.

Curious that the Complimentary cruise appears to be not totally free - is this because of paying the government

ports fees and taxes; the beverage specialty gratuities and any other nickel and dime gimmick fees ?

Another question is the Complimentary cruise a one time deal or once a year ?

And it certainly is not in a Haven cabin - I can picture it being an inside cabin near the engine room and noisy

crew work area ! LOL !

Yes there are. We have sailed with others as well. Last month on the Getaway we were told there are only 35 of us fleet wide.

We love NCL because of the freestyle aspect. We are on vacation not going to a formal ball.

We have also cruised on RCL, Celebrity, Princess and Carnival.

Hopefully NCL will add to the perks of reaching Ambassador status. As of right now the only benefit of reaching Ambassador status is a (Not so) complementary cruise. You do not get the booking perks currently offered, i.e. Bev Pkg, Dining Pkg, WI-fi or shore credit. We took our first complementary cruise on the Getaway last month and the cost was almost $1000. Anticipating our next (Not so) complementary cruise in September

If I could recommend anything to you, it would be to not cruise to reach any higher level. Cruise only because you enjoy it

I agree, i am Platinum Plus and not in a hurry to reach Ambassador. I am hoping as you said that NCL will add more perks to the Ambassador level however it took years for them to change the latitudes program at all so wont hold my breath. I love NCL and love the freestyle.

At our Roll Call last year on the Gem (April 2017 - 13 months ago) - ship's Captain acknowledge 2 of the Ambassadors, a couple in their late 70's / early 80's at the Latitude receptions held in the Spinmaker's Lounge - the stats then, about (mid) 40's Ambassadors in the entire Latitude "universe" ... and, there're 3 Plus members active with the Roll Call.

Even with the Insiders Offer to double up on the points and other ways of tripling, etc. - the consensus was that, with the huge gap or points between being "Plus" and "Ambassadors" - nobody in any hurry to chase or a rush to reach the next milestone, not just for bragging rights or for that (one-time only, I'm pretty sure) "free" cruise ... not for the extra 30 WiFi minutes or 1 extra bottle of tap water to go from Platinum to being PP, etc.

Not surprised that the more recent/current # of "elite" members are now actually lowered, given the expecting aging out process, naturally.

I am Platinum Plus and don't see Ambassador as an achievement. My minimum cruise length is 10 days, so the perk on getting to Ambassador is not something that I want. I agree that NCL needs to sweeten the benefit pot for that level.

Thanks all.....and I have been told by numerous butlers, concierges, etc. that there is NO reason anymore to try to achieve Ambassador status. And the cruise is a one time thing! At first I thought it was per year.....

We are Platinum + and do cruise because we love it. And our loyalty has been with NCL for the past few years due to CAS offers and perks. But those too are seeming to be less than they used to be. I will check with CAS in a bit when I figure out our next cruise to see if it makes sense to continue with NCL as I would like to try Celebrity, LOVE Azamara....but do so love the Haven.....we shall see.

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses!

I am satisfied with my Platinum Plus status.

I really do not see enough of an advantage for the Ambassador status.

As previously stated, the complimentary 7 day cruise, unless it was every year does not appeal to me and I doubt it is.

I'm happy with my 14 day winter cruise each year out of NYC...no hassles with flying....after I leave home, an hour and a half later I am enjoying a cocktail onboard my beautiful ship!;)

Don:cool:

I am almost Ambassador, (should be by end of the year). Most of my "points" actually have been sailed days. I don't book anything but the cheapest cruises, pick up a lot of last minute, and don't even have 10 that were double points for early booking. I sail NCL for the itinerary and price. I've sailed all the major cruise lines, with over 170 cruises, total for me.

I'm delighted with Platinum + benefits, but frankly- I'd prefer a price drop. :) I only cruise for where it takes me, I don't care about the ship. I'm fortunate to be able to enjoy the world travel.

• Like 1

700 Latitude Rewards (Ambassador) Points is not too hard to reach where the minimum is 100 7 night cruises.

But if you stay in a Suite or use the Insider Offers that doubles and triples the points reducing the points

necessary to get to Ambassador.

All of the Ambassador class folks have been around when the 9 month booking rule applied and they got

additional points (sadly that rule has been discontinued).

Ship positioning cruises usually are 14 or more days - Transatlantic cruises are at least that number (14).

So in reality getting to the Platinum plateau is easy and the launching pad for elite Ambassador class.

The perks of the Ambassador class are all the same as the Platinum the difference being that Complimentary

cruise and supposedly a higher degree of customer recognition.

Curious that the Complimentary cruise appears to be not totally free - is this because of paying the government

ports fees and taxes; the beverage specialty gratuities and any other nickel and dime gimmick fees ?

Another question is the Complimentary cruise a one time deal or once a year ?

And it certainly is not in a Haven cabin - I can picture it being an inside cabin near the engine room and noisy

crew work area ! LOL !

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I did not elaborate enough I guess. The complementary cruise is a 7 day cruise in a balcony cabin for 2 people. My wife and I both achieved ambassador status together, so we each get a complementary 7 days cruise in a balcony cabin. These cruises must be taken within 12 months of reaching ambassador. It is a one time shot. We paid the port charges, fees and taxes. We also had to prepay the gratuities. We had the opportunity to upgrade our cabins to a higher level (Haven or Suite) but we would have to pay the difference. Any current promotion (Bev pkg, Din pkg, shore ex, wi-fi, etc) were not offered and we would have to buy them separately. We opted not to. We also did not get any credit with NCL on our cruise history or additional points.

I do not know if two Ambassador folks could combine their comp cruises and take one 14 day cruise.

If there are any other questions, I will try to answer them:)

• Like 1

I was an Ambassador when it came to be. What questions can I answer?

The free cruise is one time only booked within first year after becoming ambassador, is a balcony. You only have to pay port fees, taxes and gratuities. No promotions are available to you nor is shareholder OBC.

It’s a lovely bonus.

I was an Ambassador when it came to be. What questions can I answer?

The free cruise is one time only booked within first year after becoming ambassador, is a balcony. You only have to pay port fees, taxes and gratuities. No promotions are available to you nor is shareholder OBC.

It’s a lovely bonus.

Have you taken your free cruises yet?

Have you taken your free cruises yet?

Week from tomorrow. :) Didn’t we see you in the VIP lounge and weren’t you the ones who told us we had to call to get it ? Clearly, I didn’t finish reading the whole thread as you adequately answered the questions. ;))

• 3 weeks later...
Week from tomorrow. :) Didn’t we see you in the VIP lounge and weren’t you the ones who told us we had to call to get it ? Clearly, I didn’t finish reading the whole thread as you adequately answered the questions. ;))

Yes, that was us.

Looking forward to sailing with you again.

• 3 months later...
I know this thread is a little old, but on our last cruise roll call (9/2018) we had an ambassador level Cruise Critic member. Delightful gentleman who goes by the moniker "Mr. Happy." :)
I've sailed with Mr. Happy several times. Such a nice man.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Forums mobile app

I've sailed with Mr. Happy several times. Such a nice man.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Forums mobile app

An amazing ambassador for more than NCL! His outlook on life and how he encourages others made a difference to our outlook in a short time.

He told us today he's booked for the Tokyo-Vancouver transpacific on the Jewel, May 2019 next.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forums mobile app

• 4 years later...

Wow...you may win the prize for resurrecting the oldest thread on CC I've seen in many moons.

Five years is a long way to go back through the annals of CC to excavate something to comment on.

Are you an archaeologist as well as an Ambassador?  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Wow...you may win the prize for resurrecting the oldest thread on CC I've seen in many moons.

Five years is a long way to go back through the annals of CC to excavate something to comment on.

Are you an archaeologist as well as an Ambassador?  😁

Congrats on your prize: Board scold of the day.

bs.jpg.49876655444380dd42d5cc988edb3717.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jwp1963 said:

Hi All, Joe from Boston, I joined the NCL Ambassador club in June 2022 and took my free cruise in June 2023 on the Pride of America in Hawaii.  Had a blast and I paid for an upgrade to a suite.  No regrets 🙂  Check out the video at the Latitudes gathering.  https://youtu.be/uAK5qLH0c40

Well done!  I should be able to reach Ambassador by November (assuming I don't miss any booked cruises).

Any ideas what the age of the youngest Ambassador is?  I see in your video you joked about being 40, but then clarified that wasn't really the case.  🙂

@yankprintster So funny you posted this question! I am Platinum now and Ambassador is many many moons away for me. However, I just got off the Joy. I went to buy my CN and had my 4-year old with me. The CN rep made a comment about my son getting his status at 18 and I said yes he’ll definitely be Platinum or higher by then! (He’s actually already got Gold-level points based on triple points on our two cruises this year.) The man then told us the youngest Ambassador in the program was onboard our cruise—23 years old 😮!

Edited by Dorhead1230
  • Like 2