Behind the Scenes

AKMore

;) I never noticed if the excursion desk was open when you board the ship. Dose any one know if it is open during embarkation?

Yes. That’s where you sign up for BTF tour and any other excursions you’d like to book.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just like Carnival make it as hard as possible. Used to be easy on boats to book a cruise. Just go to your TV and book it. I thought maybe they were selling drinks at the excursion desk so they wanted lines there. If you are going to push booking before you get on boaard, why would you not sell all excursions ahead of time. Oh i forgot they are selling drinks at the excursion booth

Just like Carnival make it as hard as possible. Used to be easy on boats to book a cruise. Just go to your TV and book it. I thought maybe they were selling drinks at the excursion desk so they wanted lines there. If you are going to push booking before you get on boaard, why would you not sell all excursions ahead of time. Oh i forgot they are selling drinks at the excursion booth

Why the sarcasm? It is a feature with a very limited number of people. This particular event (not an excursion) has been offered on ships for a long time. But, because of the nature of it, it is first come first served and not offered online so as to give everyone a chance to take advantage of it.

We did it on the Breeze a couple years ago and loved it!! You get some snackies in the galley. Then mimosa's at the end!! And, dont be shy about asking for refills.... it was fascinating to learn about all the things that help us have a fun vacation!

You get some snackies in the galley. Then mimosa's at the end!! And, dont be shy about asking for refills....

I just did it on the Horizon and was bummed - no more mimosas. Instead we stopped at the Red Frog Brewery for a taste there, and just a taste. Not even a full beer; I thought for the $95 they could throw that in. :rolleyes:

I've done it and really enjoyed it. You learn a lot about the ships operation. One thing that honestly intrigued me the most, was the trash. I know you're thinking *** but if you actually see how the ship does the trash, it's pretty impressive.

I was really impressed with the laundry. Those huge machines that the sheets go through to dry and fold them were really neat.

Cost is $55 on Fantasy class and $95 on all other ships. If you only have one sea day, that's the day it will be offered. As someone else stated, closed toe shoes, and no skirts for women. There are a lot of stairs, and a lot of standing. No cameras or phones. EM

Okay so on Fascination it would be $55? And someone mentioned 9 am-does anyone know if that is when it always starts?

I just did it on the Horizon and was bummed - no more mimosas. Instead we stopped at the Red Frog Brewery for a taste there, and just a taste. Not even a full beer; I thought for the $95 they could throw that in. :rolleyes:

We did have additional beer samples (pour your own) on the Vista BTF tour. We were able to get the full experience. Easily had a solid beer, or two or...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Okay so on Fascination it would be $55? And someone mentioned 9 am-does anyone know if that is when it always starts?

On the Ecstasy last month it was $55 and we had to meet in the library at 8:30. Tour began at 9. There were danishes, coffee, juice, etc., in the library for us and at the end in the piano bar there were more light refreshments.

Each ship may do things slightly differently, I don't know.

It was very informative and interesting but I'm not sure I'd do it again, even if I were to go on a different class ship. No regrets doing it on this past cruise though.

I just did this tour on Carnival Legend

The tour took about 3 1/2 hours when we visited the Galley they gave us a free chocolate covered dessert - in 2 different locations they had beverages and snacks like cookies and crossaints for us - They took a picture in the galley with the chef that makes all the cute fruit arrangements - we also got a group picture and individual picture with the captain

So all together we ended up we 3 different pictures and they gave each person in our party a set of the three for free - so the hubby and i walked away with 6 pictures

At the end the tour leader gave us a drawstring bag, a bracelet, a hat, and a free lanyard - as well as free champagne or mimosas

So really even thought the price was slightly high we did get a ton of freebies included and the tour was cool as we learned a lot not only about the ship but also about the staff life on the ship

...and no bathroom breaks.

We've been offered a bathroom break "if needed" on a couple of Behind the Fun tours.

I've done the tour on every Carnival cruise I've booked, and I highly recommend it. I've always learned something new each time -- sometimes lots, sometimes just a few things.

Every tour has been slightly different, though. Sometimes we get a look into a crew cabin, usually we don't. Occasionally an area might be closed due to maintenance. One time we got to peek into the Captain's cabin. :o :D

To the person upthread who was considering taking the tour on the Vista: do it! The Engineering Control room -- which resembles a starship's bridge -- was almost worth the price of admission by itself. :)