Dolphin Swim Adventure - Costa Maya Question

bflowercar

We did not participate, but did see this place while in Costa Maya a couple of years ago. The area is small and is located in a pool area, right on the ocean near the ships. If you are looking to purchase an excursion from the ship, I would not. You can easily walk up and book a time on-your-own. You may have to wait a while, however. We did check on the cost, and available times. After watching a few participants, we decided not to partake. ;)

Hi - has anyone ever been on this excursion - if so..feedback/opinions? Thank you!!

We did the dolphin swim there 5 or 6 years ago. You can book online yourself. No need to pay the ship tour price. It's a standard dolphin swim. Have since done a different one elsewhere with a younger child and was pretty much the same. If a dolphin swim is what you want to do, this one is fine. And since in my experience there wasn't much to do in Costa Maya, as good a place as any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my opinion the Dolphin excursion in Costa Maya is a joke. If you are going to Grand Cayman I would do it there. You do much more for a longer period of time. Honestly everything in Costa Maya is a joke. They could eliminate that port from every itinerary and I believe nobody would miss it. And while they are at it they can get rid of Nassau too!

Thanks for this - this was my #1 concern...and wanted to do research before committing. Hate to see animals - unless they are rescue - contained for no other reason than human entertainment.

Appreciate the link!

I was going to say the same as pmcue, but hesitated. We did this in Acapulco years ago, before the media made people aware of the effect on the dolphins.

I admit that it was a wonderful, exciting and educational experience. I also admit that, with the hindsight of additional knowledge, it's something that we deeply regret supporting with our dollars.

I was going to say the same as pmcue, but hesitated. We did this in Acapulco years ago, before the media made people aware of the effect on the dolphins.

I admit that it was a wonderful, exciting and educational experience. I also admit that, with the hindsight of additional knowledge, it's something that we deeply regret supporting with our dollars.

Thank you - we are opting for another excursion. :)