Escape - mini suit e - large balcony - deck 8

Mr.Travler

Help - We just booked this "M6" cabin for next December, and now I have second thoughts if I made the correct choice. It appears that he bathroom in a little larger as well as the balcony. The cabin in on deck 8, which appears not to a problem. There is not much of a price difference going with a regular or large balcony stateroom. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Edited by Mr.Travler
DUPLICATED POST

There is a review on this board that goes into detail about these rooms and also a youtube video. Here is a link to the first post in that where you can find the link to the video. JW (the person reviewing) does a great job ad describing the detail of the room and the video shows the location as well as the entire room. It definitely looks like it is worth booking.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50294011&postcount=1

Help - We just booked this "M6" cabin for next December, and now I have second thoughts if I made the correct choice. It appears that he bathroom in a little larger as well as the balcony. The cabin in on deck 8, which appears not to a problem. There is not much of a price difference going with a regular or large balcony stateroom. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Like some of the others, I'm having difficulty finding the downside to the M6. These MiniSuites are a big step up from a regular mini with their tiny balconies, and why would you even consider trading down to even a Large Balcony if there is barely a difference in price? I'd keep the M6 with its huge balcony, larger cabin and deluxe bath. It is well worth the extra $.

We have had an M6 on both Getaway and Escape. It would be our first choice due to location on the ship near the Waterfront and all the midship action plus the cabin amenities.

Sailed in an M6 on the Escape last spring. It was fantastic.

The balcony came with a table, 2 chairs and 2 loungers, and we asked our room host if it was possible to obtain a 3rd lounger, and he happily complied (gave him a nice tip as a thank you). It was nice not to have to fight for loungers by the pool, since we had enough for the three of us.

We just booked two M6 cabins on the Breakaway. The price wasn't much difference from a regular balcony room, and the size of the balcony alone on the M6 makes it well worth it. The only hesitation we have booking this category is the cabin(s) are located in the front of the ship. We are sailing out of NY in January, and we are a little worried about feeling the rough seas more being in the front of the ship. Those beautiful balconies won though!

• 1 year later...
We just booked two M6 cabins on the Breakaway. The price wasn't much difference from a regular balcony room, and the size of the balcony alone on the M6 makes it well worth it. The only hesitation we have booking this category is the cabin(s) are located in the front of the ship. We are sailing out of NY in January, and we are a little worried about feeling the rough seas more being in the front of the ship. Those beautiful balconies won though!

Can you tell me if you experienced any rough seas being in the front of the ship in this category? Thank you

Why are you having second thoughts? Your post only seems to list positives.

They are excellent rooms. If i book on one of the Breakaway or Breakaway plus class ships then this would be my cabin of choice.

So happy to read this, as we are booked in a mini with large balcony on deck 8 on Breakaway for our Baltic cruise

I have stayed in the M-6 Large balcony Mini Suite on the Escape and absolutely loved it. It is a great location right near the Waterfront , balcony is huge compared to a regular balcony. There was no problems with this location. I have another one booked on the Bliss for this October and can't wait.

• 1 month later...

My last cruise on the Escape we had an M6. We loved it! Great location, great balcony! We had 12 people on the balcony at one time! Some people love aft facing balconies, I loved this cabin and will book similar on Breakaway class ships in the future!

We sailed the Escape to Bermuda June 3-10 and had a mini-suite w/large balcony on deck 8 (8134) and loved it. Close to everything - the Waterfront, District Brewhouse, shops, specialty dining, (deck 8), O'Sheehan's and theater (deck 7), the Atrium and main dining rooms (deck 6). Liked not having to use the elevators all the time. Also loved quiet time on our large balcony just watching the world go by. You won't regret your choice.