Brand new to Celebrity

pwppaul

Hvae sailed on Royal several times but never cruised on Celebrity before and have a few questions:

1. What is the Captain's Club Celebration and when is it scheduled?

2. When dining can you request a table just for 2?

3. When dining in the Raw on 5 Restaurant and you order the Chateau or Imperial Tower can you substitute something else for the oysters or ceviche if you don't like them?

4. In the Steak house what does accompaniments mean (lobster/crab oscar/jumbo shrimp/crab leg). Does it mean it can accompany your steak or can you just order lobster and crab legs?

Appreciate all responses!:cool:

in the past they have had two captain's club celebration events (on one day) to accommodate both early and late diners. the actual day they choose may vary. i am not sure if they will have one set time now that there is more variety in the times people choose to eat. you can request a table for two pretty much anywhere you'd like to eat. raw on 5 is new for edge so we all still have questions about the options and the menu for the new restaurants, but i would think they probably could accommodate a substitution (within reason) for an item on the seafood tower. for the steakhouse, accompaniments just means it comes on the steak (or on the side if you prefer). as far as ordering just lobster or just crab legs, that's a question to ask on board, unless someone who experiences finecut in one of the first sailings asks this question and can give us all the answer :)

Hvae sailed on Royal several times but never cruised on Celebrity before and have a few questions:

3. When dining in the Raw on 5 Restaurant and you order the Chateau or Imperial Tower can you substitute something else for the oysters or ceviche if you don't like them?

4. In the Steak house what does accompaniments mean (lobster/crab oscar/jumbo shrimp/crab leg). Does it mean it can accompany your steak or can you just order lobster and crab legs?

Just to highlight how our minds work (probably just mine!), when I read your post and got to #3, it definitely caught my attention when I first read it as: 3. When dining in the Raw........ I stopped up short right there, but fortunately kept reading and realized what you were actually asking!

But to answer #3 the way I first read it, I’d suggest you only ‘dine in the raw’ on your balcony and hope your neighbors aren’t the curous types!

enjoy. Unfortunately except for ‘helping’ you with #3, I can only answer #2, yes, you can ask for a table for 2. If you’ve used a TA, ask them to submit the request, and when you get into your SR, your table number will be there. You can then go check early on, and if it’s not a 2, ask the team set up at the MDR to move you to one. We’ve moved to a 4-table with friends and have done a 2-table and had no problems doing so.

Den

Just to highlight how our minds work (probably just mine!), when I read your post and got to #3, it definitely caught my attention when I first read it as: 3. When dining in the Raw........ I stopped up short right there, but fortunately kept reading and realized what you were actually asking!

But to answer #3 the way I first read it, I’d suggest you only ‘dine in the raw’ on your balcony and hope your neighbors aren’t the curous types!

enjoy. Unfortunately except for ‘helping’ you with #3, I can only answer #2, yes, you can ask for a table for 2. If you’ve used a TA, ask them to submit the request, and when you get into your SR, your table number will be there. You can then go check early on, and if it’s not a 2, ask the team set up at the MDR to move you to one. We’ve moved to a 4-table with friends and have done a 2-table and had no problems doing so.

Den

With the new infinite veranda cabins on Edge... you can actually dine in your cabin in the "raw", so to speak and not have to worry about your neighbors.... :D

With the new infinite veranda cabins on Edge... you can actually dine in your cabin in the "raw", so to speak and not have to worry about your neighbors.... :D

I’m sooooooo glad we are booked on 2 Edge cruises!! But then again, I have a feeling my wife will be dining in one of the many dining venues while I’m sitting there dining alone if I try the ‘raw dining’ venue!

Sorry I stole a quite legit thread and went this direction (for those who know me, you Know I’m not sorry).

OP, welcome to Celebrity and get use to this type of juvenile posts, Celebrity may not be the No1 cruise line for kids, so we make up for it by adults acting childishly.

Den

Knowing that no one has sailed this ship, we can only speculate on most things. :D

1. Since you have sailed Royal a lot, you may be eligible for comparable status on Celebrity. For example, if you are Diamond on RCI, you could call Celebrity and get Elite status before your cruise. There are more celebrations if you are Elite and above, such as nightly cocktail hours (most nights) and morning coffee house (breakfast goodies). Select (Platinum on RCI) and above have an officer's cocktail hour.

I looked at a sheet from a cruise I was on last Sept and the Captain's Club Celebration was at 12:30-1:15 on the first sea day. The officers' party is in the evening and the cocktail hours are usually 5-7. They also usually have a wine tasting and an elegant tea (not sure which levels are invited to those).

2. Not sure if you have Select Dining where you go whenever you wish, as opposed to fixed early or late seating. As said above, you can request a table for 2 to be pre-assigned in fixed dining. If you do select dining (like anytime dining), you usually will be able to get a table for 2, but sometimes might have to wait a few minutes until one is available. We never have had an issue getting a table for 2 on Celebrity.

3. It's hard to know how flexible they will be with the seafood towers. They may be flexible with some things, but they wouldn't want to say yes to all requests (I might ask for all lobsters, for example). :D If you have allergies or other food issues, I would think they would definitely adjust it for you. It never hurts to ask.

4. I am pretty sure the Steak house accompaniments are an extra cost in addition to the $55 PP cover charge. I think the premium meats on the second page are also most likely extra. Tuscan Grill, another Celebrity specialty restaurant on most ships, also has a surcharge for premium meats. You can choose a starter, an entrée from the 1st page, sides and dessert and then you most likely will pay extra for the seafood listed on the second page (the reason I think it is extra is because the shrimp says "each" - I think they left off the prices). I think the special toppings could be a bit extra as well.

It all looks good! :D

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/FineCut_DinnerMenu_No-Price_02.06.18.pdf