Courtesy Hold Questions

JamieLogical

My partner and I have been going back and forth on whether or not to do a cruise in October. Yesterday, I noticed that one of the balcony rooms with the larger, angled balcony was available so I went ahead and did the 24-hour courtesy hold while we continued to contemplate the decision. The hold expires this afternoon, but now, we are thinking we should wait until tomorrow to book because the current "Take 5 Free" promotion advertised on the NCL website expires at midnight tonight. That promo doesn't apply to this specific cruise, but whatever promo might go into effect tomorrow *might*. So now we kind of want to wait until tomorrow to see what the new promo might be.

Questions are: Can we do another 24-hold if we let this one expire and redo our reservation? Obviously, I understand that they can't keep allowing customers to apply courtesy holds indefinitely! If we let the hold expire, but then try to re-book the same room/category tomorrow, are we "locked into" pricing and promo that was available when we applied the hold?

You and your boyfriend can book the cruise today and if a new promo tomorrow is better you can just rebook with that promo. At least you will be locked in if promo is worse even though chances are current promo will just be extended.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You and your boyfriend can book the cruise today and if a new promo tomorrow is better you can just rebook with that promo. At least you will be locked in if promo is worse even though chances are current promo will just be extended.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my first post. Since the cruise is in October, it is already to the point where final payment is due immediately upon booking. Which means no cancelling and rebooking without losing some money.

why don't you just call NCL and ask them if they can hold for another 24 hours? Don't tell them why...say you're waiting to confirm you can get the time off from work, but don't want to lose the room you have saved.

why don't you just call NCL and ask them if they can hold for another 24 hours? Don't tell them why...say you're waiting to confirm you can get the time off from work, but don't want to lose the room you have saved.

You can do this but if you don’t want to call NCL then cancel and immediately place another 24 hour hold.

You can do this but if you don’t want to call NCL then cancel and immediately place another 24 hour hold.

I tried to do that once. I had held a cruise, it passed 24hours, I then tried to hold it again and it would only let me hold it for 1 hour. I called NCL to see why and she said she didn't know, it must be a glitch but there was nothing she could do to hold it longer..............I don't know??? I kind of have bad luck with stuff like that. But, good luck.

How do you know? The "Take 5" Promo doesn't apply to this particular cruise, but a new promo tomorrow might be something like extra OBC or something that WOULD apply to this cruise.

Don't get your hopes up, tomorrow's news is that the current promos are extended until June 28th

I tried to do that once. I had held a cruise, it passed 24hours, I then tried to hold it again and it would only let me hold it for 1 hour. I called NCL to see why and she said she didn't know, it must be a glitch but there was nothing she could do to hold it longer..............I don't know??? I kind of have bad luck with stuff like that. But, good luck.

Might not have been a glitch. It might have been programmed to prevent people from placing holds on cabins over and over again.

My partner and I have been going back and forth on whether or not to do a cruise in October. Yesterday, I noticed that one of the balcony rooms with the larger, angled balcony was available so I went ahead and did the 24-hour courtesy hold while we continued to contemplate the decision. The hold expires this afternoon, but now, we are thinking we should wait until tomorrow to book because the current "Take 5 Free" promotion advertised on the NCL website expires at midnight tonight. That promo doesn't apply to this specific cruise, but whatever promo might go into effect tomorrow *might*. So now we kind of want to wait until tomorrow to see what the new promo might be.

Questions are: Can we do another 24-hold if we let this one expire and redo our reservation? Obviously, I understand that they can't keep allowing customers to apply courtesy holds indefinitely! If we let the hold expire, but then try to re-book the same room/category tomorrow, are we "locked into" pricing and promo that was available when we applied the hold?

We have done this. Just cancel and rebook the hold.

We have done this. Just cancel and rebook the hold.

I may be blind, but I cannot find any place on the My NCL site to cancel a booking. I tried doing a google search for instructions on how to cancel as well, with no luck.

I may be blind, but I cannot find any place on the My NCL site to cancel a booking. I tried doing a google search for instructions on how to cancel as well, with no luck.

But didn't you say it was past final payment? Maybe it is not there after final payment? Not sure, but good luck/

But didn't you say it was past final payment? Maybe it is not there after final payment? Not sure, but good luck/

I did not figure out a way to cancel my hold, but it did expire after 24 hours and I was able to just put a new 24-hour hold on the same stateroom. Also spoke to my NCL Cruise Consultant and she wasn't able to offer me anything I wasn't already seeing through the web site. I now have until 4:00pm tomorrow to make a decision. I definitely won't extend my hold beyond then, because that's not very fair to other people who may be more serious about making an immediate decision.