Corkscrew allowed in luggage on Oasis//XRay of passengers

rcate527

Greetings CC members

My wife & I are boarding the Oasis in a couple of weeks after not cruising for 30+ years. Bringing 2 bottles of wine on board.

1 Will security take a corkscrew from your luggage / carry-on? RC says yes

2, Can we get a corkscrew from the cabin steward? RC says yes

3. Does RC X-Ray the passengers before they board the Oasis? Probably?

Thanks in advance for guidance on this. Got a lot of good tips from the posts.

Thanks for that as well.

Cheers

As others have said, there is no need to bring one as the room steward will provide you with one. That being said we have packed one and if it is in checked luggage the airlines don't have an issue with it as you can't access it in flight. RCI doesn't care either as it is not a weapon. So bring one if you want to, but no need to.

Like the other response, I am hoping you meant to ask "does RCI X-ray the passengers' carry on bags?"

The answer is yes, in scanners just like at the airport.

Passengers go through metal detectors. If you set off the detector, they may ask you to further empty your pockets/remove any outerwear, or simply pull you aside for a pat-down. Now you do have the absolute right to refuse a pat down. But that will result in being denied boarding, with no refund or recourse.

I've yet to see a full body scanner at a cruiseport such as the ones found at certain airports. But those are not X-ray machines either, if that was the gist of the question.

Thanks for the quick responses. I should have been more specific. I wanted to know if us humans go thru either an airport type X-Ray or metal detector. You folks have answered the question. Thanks

Thanks for the quick responses. I should have been more specific. I wanted to know if us humans go thru either an airport type X-Ray or metal detector. You folks have answered the question. Thanks

Yes you do but having a small corkscrew with you will not pose a problem and it will be allowed on board with you. RCI used to give them out as souvenirs in the room - we have two.

Greetings CC members

My wife & I are boarding the Oasis in a couple of weeks after not cruising for 30+ years. Bringing 2 bottles of wine on board.

1 Will security take a corkscrew from your luggage / carry-on? RC says yes

2, Can we get a corkscrew from the cabin steward? RC says yes

Thanks in advance for guidance on this. Got a lot of good tips from the posts.

Thanks for that as well.

Cheers

Your luggage will be scanned. You will be scanned. If you need a corkscrew, the Steward will bring you one along with some glasses. And note, plastic corkscrews work well, are invisible to the scanners, and work well in case you don’t want to wait for the Steward to bring you one... Been there, done that, opened a bottle with one for my wife this evening.

Stan

Corkscrews are allowed by the TSA; no issues with the cruise line checks either (on several lines).

Safe sailing!

Totally correct have lost a few corkscrews because forgot I had them in plane carry on, have taken cork screw on last 30 cruises about half of them rccl never had issue with it in carry on, if it’s in checked luggage it may be a issue since X-ray shows something that may be dangerous , so just carry it on.

Thanks to everyone for the advice on the corkscrew issue.

It boils down to any particular TSA agent or RCCL security person taking exception to / noticing the corkscrew and deciding it is dangerous / or not.

Such is life here in the USA. lol

Cheers to everyone and happy sailing.

RC

I, too, have given up a few cork screws over the years. Thankfully, they were the generic/inexpensive type. For our last few cruises, I've picked up wines to carry onto the ship that have a screw cap....no more corks. Simple solution to avoiding security issues with TSA and at the port. Now I can have a glass of wine ASAP and not have to call room service or bother my cabin steward.

Darcy

Thanks to everyone for the advice on the corkscrew issue.

It boils down to any particular TSA agent or RCCL security person taking exception to / noticing the corkscrew and deciding it is dangerous / or not.

Such is life here in the USA. lol

Cheers to everyone and happy sailing.

RC

Check in at RCL won't care - as indicated they are given out as souvenirs by RCI and available from the stateroom attendant. Or packed in checked luggage for TSA. Have bought them on board several times - not an issue at all.