Main Dining Room new cruiser questions

waldreps

On our first cruise, we were seated at a 10-top. As soon as our tablemates found out what we did for a living, some of them proceeded to pepper us with questions about all sorts of things related to our jobs for the rest of the week. Asking advice for certain situations, what we knew about such and such - it was like being back at work! We'd try to change the subject, but they'd drag it right back around to work. By the last night, we skipped the MDR and went to the buffet.

On our second cruise, we ended up at a 4 top with another couple and the husband was in the same business we were in. You guessed it. All he wanted to talk about was work! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

By our third cruise, we decided we were going to tell our tablemates that we were in the witness protection program and couldn't divulge any personal information. When we got to our table, we realized we were the only ones who spoke English. Those were our most relaxing MDR meals with tablemates! :')

Now we do YTD and get a table just for the 3 of us (our son cruises with us now). Since our son is away at college and we only get to see him during summer and holidays, MDR meals are a great time for us to sit down and just enjoy each other's company and conversation.

This thread is also a perfect example for why my husband and I would prefer our own table. Some people are just rude...online and in person.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The liquor in the glass is covered by Cheers. You just have to pay for the glass.

Since Carnival states:

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

I thought it would not be included. Can you request the alcohol price as a non-Cheers passenger and state that you will leave the glass? Or do you need to order the shot vs. accepting it from the tray? We only had limoncello offered once, and thought the price quoted was for 2 glasses not one:eek:- at least it's pretty glass for decoration:)

There's nothing wrong with that, but isn't that kind of the textbook definition of antisocial?

Not really - I like to socialize, but I also enjoy spending time alone with my spouse. Plenty of time outside of dinner to socialize. We've been seated at 2-tops as well as 4-tops when traveling alone. Happy with either, but totally understand people that would rather socialize away from the dinner table.

My wife an I did a 10 top one time(now we eat just the 2 of us), but one man at this 10 top table kept repeating everything I said or my wife said. It was very annoying. It was like he was a Parrot or something.:)

Good one ;)