Royal/Regal Obstructed View Balconies on Emerald Deck

KruzPrincess

We have E420 and E424 on the Regal in December. Has anyone stayed in either and can report on noise from below?

Did E443 and had no issues with the view. We had no noise problems but of course we were over Facets while you are above Crooners. I cannot help with that part of the question.

The photo confirmed that. :o

Yep. But, I've been so confused about this cabin - E630. Might have to pass, there are too many what-ifs. It is above the public deck, has a very obstructed view looking to the side (but unobstructed straight out, as the picture shows - but looks down on a big white box - see pic below). Then and I read a post from Pam in CA saying that it is right above the door that leads to the Promenade and you might be able to hear it slamming:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501475&highlight=obstructed+oceanview+cabins&page=42

"Theo, I recently got off the Royal and was in E703. A couple of comments about the "obstructed" (that aren't obstructed) balconies from E630-704 and E631-705. These cabins are above the door to the Promenade and you can hear the door slamming. I think people should be made aware of this and perhaps a note made on the site. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742 Also, they are fully obstructed looking forward:"

3d642ea58114a7a0882ebcbc0059b9ed.jpg

• 10 months later...
Did E443 and had no issues with the view. We had no noise problems but of course we were over Facets while you are above Crooners. I cannot help with that part of the question.[/gquote]

Hey wheezed I’ve got E443 booked on Regal! :) Can you comment on the degree of obstruction, can you see a little of the ocean if you look down or just the orange boat? Good there is no noise issues! Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Did E443 and had no issues with the view. We had no noise problems but of course we were over Facets while you are above Crooners. I cannot help with that part of the question.

Hey I'm doing E443, did you enjoy the cabin? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I was upgraded to E331 from an inside cabin and thought it was o.k., of course, I didn't pay extra for it. Looking straight out was fine, I didn't think the obstruction was a major issue. It was more a case of looking down view blocked. Being a deluxe cabin, I liked having the small couch.

Has anyone figured out just how obstructed these views are? I see some say obstructed and some say partially obstructed. Also, some say you can't access the balcony if the bunk is down. From looking at pictures, it appears that the lifeboats are below the balconies, but I'm not sure. Will there be a lifeboat completely blocking the view or is it just sticking out below? Does anyone know? Thanks. BTW, I did try to search the Everything Royal thread and couldn't find the answer if it's there.

Yes we had an obstructed on the Royal mid-ship, no problems at all. There was a steel ledge about 4 foot below our balcony.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed in E335 on Royal? We just agreed to switch staterooms on our upcoming sailing and now we are wondering. Thanks for any info that you might be willing to share.

we were in E332 and loved it.

OF course, it was our very first balcony cruise, and we got upgraded for free. :) But I loved having a balcony (even though some people complain that it's small). I also liked the sofa bed - it was more comfy than the regular bed.

37425867_1859377890787722_6952869453071646720_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=449e8f8468bf803d6668c8e4ad0de0b2&oe=5BC855E9

We are booked on Royal in E109...wondering about any noise issues? Thanks!

We've been in 107, 108 and 110. No noise issues. Every once in a while, at a tender port there may be anchors away noise but that's about it. Very quiet, it's all officer country accommodation forward from you, and the cruuse staff cabins are right nearby also. Quiet, quiet, quiet for the vast majority of time. Outstanding huge balcony _ we did an Ultimate Balcony Dinner for 6 with room to spare in E110, which is mirror image of 109....

Hallo to all,

we just looking into booking on Royal Princess Cabin E602 - obstructed view. How Obstructed? Any Foto's that I have an idea?

The link to the Obstructed View photos for Royal/Regal, etc is posted numerous times throughout this thread - here's one more time!

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

• 8 months later...
Just now, Californian said:

I'm looking at cabins E424-436 and E425-437.  From reading the threads, they all seem to be unobstructed.  We want to be able to sit out on sea days. Which cabins would have the least windy?  Thanks!

Sorry, which cabins would be the least windy?  Thanks!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Californian said:

I'm looking at cabins E424-436 and E425-437.  From reading the threads, they all seem to be unobstructed.  We want to be able to sit out on sea days. Which cabins would have the least windy?  Thanks!

What itinerary are you on?  Caribbean, TA, (west) Coastal, Alaska?  Itinerary would make a difference.  Since the cabins you mention are mid-ship, I would assume there would be less wind when the ship is moving.  We were in E222 on a TA and the weather wasn't the best during the crossing so never tempted to use the balcony.  In on a Caribbean cruise, would probably be ok on balcony.  Up in Alaska, probably not warm enough to use balcony while the ship is moving unless you bundle up.

I’m looking at just taking a cruise to Cabo or the Mexican Riviera.  I was wondering if any of the little odd shaped balconies were better one way or the other, i.e., the ones with a longer partition towards the front or the ones with a longer partition towards the back of the ship.  I’m still new to cruising so was trying to determine if one cabin was better than the other.  I’m thinking that the ones with the larger partition toward the front of the ship would be less windy, but not sure.  Thanks for responding.  Really appreciated it.